The infamous holding call

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So since this is just another game, I assume you'll be moving on to the message board of your next opponent?
No way!!! I’m an invited guest over here!! In-state rivals forum with 90% of the threads about IOWA. Even our football and basketball recruiting! One stop shopping! Why would I leave?

• Creative
Reactions: CyclonesRock

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A horrible missed targeting call right here. Your punt returner could have been seriously injured...dude should have been tossed IMO

I didn't see this replay until today and didn't realize it was as bad as it was.

Was kinda thinking we were past these kinds of 'legendary' moments. Nope.

Good news is no one will ever be able to say that ISU always plays their best game vs. Iowa. RIght?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
As soon as you fans realize that we didn't lose this game bc of that call the sooner you'll realize it's the teams fault for the crappy play in the 4th and move on.
Agree. It was a frustrating call, but our poor special teams play cost us the game.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I do look forward to when Iowa gets screwed by a bad call against a team like Wisconsin or Northwestern. Somehow I think the 'that's football' narrative will go away for some reason.
It did happen in basketball with John Higgins and he received death threats to his house and business. That is why he has never ref'd another Iowa game after that.

Here is the game where it all went down....

Last edited:
  • Funny

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Was the "hold" and the illegal procedure thrown by the same official? I know BF was in the one guys ear the entire game, wasn't sure if it was the same guy twice.

• Optimistic

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
I'd like to know what @internetman thought of the game

thx for asking. at this point in my life. i really dont care, of course i would like iowa state to win. but in reality its a game and i still have 2 hot babes that i get to crawl in bed with bradnon and my wife allowed me 2 join in the hawk winning party and guess who had 2 where the chicken costume (it were me)