The infamous holding call

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It was a horrible call, Iowa fans like to think ISU is the only team that complains about calls, every fan base does, when its a horrible call. Remember the Florida Bowl game, where the ref called offsides on Iowa during a squib kick 5 years or so.

Bad calls determine the game, they always have and always will.

Christ look at them defend Fran when he called the ref a cheater after a game they lost by 20.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
BlandSleepyIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

Epenesa-sack-MSU.gif

AJ%20Epenesa

Epenesa_2cAJ01.jpg
How come none were from the game last night? Could it be because he did nothing, one tackle the whole game, after Iowa fans crowing how he would dominate the game. ONE tackle. Great player, but he did nothing to effect the outcome of the game yesterday.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I have a ton of Iowa friends and family.. not a single one of them has called or text.. Because the better team lost. I’m ok that Iowa won and got every call in last 6 minutes of that game...with zero replays to show us anything all game btw....I’m also ok today knowing isu will be fine moving forward and have a good season.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I didn't see this at yet, but in review it looks like a pretty bad call. Looks like maybe the ISU OL had him locked up inside, which is perfectly legal, and when he tried to break loose he fell on his behind. Ref should be embarrassed, but after they throw the flag they are not going to pick it up on a holding call.

Still, ISU needs to figure out how to stop the negative plays. Penalties, bad play calls and turnovers probably stopped a lot of drives. ISU is just not good enough offensively to overcome 2nd and long.

Probably the biggest issue in the game was the ridiculous number of 3rd down that ISU gave up. Need to figure that out.

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
I have a ton of Iowa friends and family.. not a single one of them has called or text.. Because the better team lost. I’m ok that Iowa won and got every call in last 6 minutes of that game...with zero replays to show us anything all game btw....I’m also ok today knowing isu will be fine moving forward and have a good season.

That broadcast was super weird. They only had one camera. I understood sending them in with lightning but I think they just went home.

• Creative
Reactions: criticalobserver