Cocky Hawk fans

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Agree... that's nothing compared to how Hawk fans have treated me and my family at games both in Kinnick and at Jack Trice. Not to mention just out in public too if you wear any Cyclone gear.

KCRG did a whole story on a kid in eastern Iowa last year who was bullied at elementary school for wearing ISU shirts to school. So his teacher was able to get Cy to come to his school to show some support for him, but to also teach the kids to be nice to one another no matter what sports team you may root for.

But that's just how life is being a Cyclone fan in this state. Shouldn't be that way, but one fanbase just has a lot more d-bags than the other..... that's not deniable at all.

Even other schools outside this state talk about how terrible Hawk fans are. They're pretty well known for it. Look at all of them coming over here today to talk trash.

Lol other states don’t talk about hawk fans. Most of them aren’t aware of where Iowa even is.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Agree... that's nothing compared to how Hawk fans have treated me and my family at games both in Kinnick and at Jack Trice. Not to mention just out in public too if you wear any Cyclone gear.

KCRG did a whole story on a kid in eastern Iowa last year who was bullied at elementary school for wearing ISU shirts to school. So his teacher was able to get Cy to come to his school to show some support for him, but to also teach the kids to be nice to one another no matter what sports team you may root for.

But that's just how life is being a Cyclone fan in this state. Shouldn't be that way, but one fanbase just has a lot more d-bags than the other..... that's not deniable at all.

Even other schools outside this state talk about how terrible Hawk fans are. They're pretty well known for it. Look at all of them coming over here today to talk trash.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ANF

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Lol other states don’t talk about hawk fans. Most of them aren’t aware of where Iowa even is.

This is correct. No one cares at all about Iowa.

Fans that have to deal with them once a year tend to hate them though.

The sad part is they apparently don’t even care about Iowa State. Can you imagine how bad they would be if they actually acted like themselves on the site of team they care about.

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
I live in Iowa City in fact just drove by kinnick today. Its hit or miss some hawk fans arw pathetic some are fine.

Too ease the pain of yesterday i just watched highlights from the 2005 game on YouTube. **** fans were even worse at that point because of the miracle win vs LSU and they were ranked 8th

• Useful
Reactions: criticalobserver

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Sounds exactly like how I would act if we won 5 in a row. Maybe we should try beating them and they won't be so cocky. Problem is our rivals have our number and we keep losing. Thus, the celebration just get's worse and worse.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I had almost no unpleasant interactions with Iowa fans. They are fans and their team won. They're entitled to be excited. They're entitled to wear their Iowa shirts around and feel good about it for a few days? Who the hell cares?

If you can't have thick enough skin to deal with some teasing after a loss I don't know how you get through life.

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The Iowa S

I absolutely guarantee you our fans will be unbearable next time we win.

Yes - I agree 100%. It's been a long time since ISU has won the game AND it wasn't clear that Iowa was still on its way to a better season. The fact that ISU's program outlook is every bit as good as Iowa's is unchartered territory for many ISU fans. I suppose 2000-2002 there may have been some of that. I don't really remember what it was like, but I'm guessing our fanbase was pretty damn annoying.

I look forward to next year so we can test out how big of a pain in the ass fanbase we can be.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I’ve always noticed the most cancerous of all the hawk fans are the ones who definitely have never stepped foot on the University of Iowa campus. The ones who have, will typically engage in simple banter but usually nothing cancerous.

Yes, this right here. The most idiotic are the ones who never attended (or went to UNI), went to a community college, and certainly never stepped foot in Ames. When I was a grad student here I worked with a guy who was also attending ISU and he constantly talked crap about the Cyclones. He was a big Hawkeye fan who attended University of Wisconsin LaCrosse. Never figured that one out.

• Useful
Reactions: criticalobserver

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron