It is still a Hawkeye State

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Wait... you're saying Indiana won the TOP against tOSU this weekend? They must have won then, or at least kept it close, right? I mean that stat means everything I'm told from all the knowledgable Hawk fans on here.
Well, you seem to think yardage means everything and the clones lost. Like I’ve said...no single metric tells the whole story.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa won TOP and won the game. No metric is perfect
I know, that’s why I used that example. ISU made too many bad special teams plays last night, I think that had more of an effect than TOP.

Also, I thought I read Duncan isn’t on scholly? Give that kid one.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It is pretty clear that Isu didn’t lose the game. They flat out beat themselves. Iowa did nothing to win that game. Isu did it for them.

Hawk fan am I doing this right?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don’t understand the Stanley animosity either.

I don't understand making fun of his size... that's unnecessary in my book.

He's definitely very skilled, it's just that he's so erratic. Last year he would throw balls in the dirt constantly 3 yds in front of wide open guys. Last night he threw some brilliant balls, but then far too many... "what the f was that" throws. Could have easily had 2-4 INTs if the ball just bounced different.

Just like Iowa is WAY too high on their team, they are WAY too high on Stanley too IMO. He's good.... but he's not great.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk

Hawktj

Dec 30, 2015
I have no ill will towards him and I give him credit for a couple of tough throws last night...I'm just not seeing where the NFL hype comes from.

Arm strength and physical size as much as anything, but, not necessarily exceptional results, yet.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
It is pretty clear that Isu didn’t lose the game. They flat out beat themselves. Iowa did nothing to win that game. Isu did it for them.

Hawk fan am I doing this right?
I’m not sure if you truly understood the amount of irony in this post after some posts I’ve read in the last 12 hours.

Fans of all teams rationalize.

All of them.

• Agree
Reactions: criticalobserver

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well, you seem to think yardage means everything and the clones lost. Like I’ve said...no single metric tells the whole story.
TOP is an even worse example of that, though. Obviously we were gonna lose TOP when we had two TD's from 50+ out... That tends to shorten your possessions up.
I have no ill will towards him and I give him credit for a couple of tough throws last night...I'm just not seeing where the NFL hype comes from.
If the NFL thinks they can teach him what a touch pass is, then I can maybe see it. That's not reality right now, though. Almost all of his passes last night were rockets, even when not at all necessary.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I’m not sure if you truly understood the amount of irony in this post after some posts I’ve read in the last 12 hours.

Fans of all teams rationalize.

All of them.
Didn’t ask any of that.