Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
The game should be played every year. Not playing makes about as much sense as Rutgers being a Big Ten team or Mizzou in the SEC.

This little streak they’ve put together will come to an end soon. For some perspective, here is a brief summary of the current 5 year streak:

2015 - Rhoads’ final year. Some talent but not a good college football team.
2016 - Campbell’s first team in second game of season. Not ready for anything.
2017 - Playing a QB who left the team two weeks later.
2018 - Brock who?
2019 - You saw the game yesterday.
I seem to remember Iowa dropping five in a row to Iowa State, including a year where we were their only regular season loss, and they survived.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
This x100

A lot of people don’t realize Iowa was a joke until Fry and he made it a point to run ISU into the ground to win this state. It worked, and the only way to change that is to take them on and de-throne them. Running away won’t change the narrative.
A lot if people also don't realize that it isn't the 1980s anymore, and there's more to building a program than winning your in state rivalry game. Regardless of how we do against the Hawks, if we continue to have 8 win seasons we'll get attention and we'll fortify the program. Hell, the Hawks get the national attention they do just by stringing together a bunch of 7 to 9 win seasons without winning their conference or even division. We need the series to be competitive, which it has been over the past 20 years. The games are almost always close. The streaks are painful but when the teams are evenly matched they don't last forever.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yes, we.

I'll never understand why people have an issue with that?

Anyone who supports the ISU football program through buying tickets, donations, etc.... is all apart of this. It all matters. Without the support from fans, the program would be nowhere.

There is a point you missed again

• Useful
Reactions: criticalobserver

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For the record, our fan base has just as many douchebags looking for a fight. I was embarrassed by some of the Cyclone fans around us yesterday.

Who could've thought ass holes don't mix and that ass holes with alcohol REALLY don't mix?

Yeah, when I was leaving I ran into a particularly belligerent lady in the parking lots. As usual, the every other car thing was going on as I was exiting the S-lots onto the road ringing the stadium and this lady started honking and screaming about how she'd been in line for so long (join the club lady!) and that she'd hit me with her car if I turned in after the car ahead of her (which would have ended well for her considering the amount of witnesses that heard her threaten that...). Had her kids in the back too, was being a really great example for them.

However, that car ahead of her, seeing she was being ridiculous, pulled off to the side a bit and let me squeeze in ahead of them. (I assume she had been that way to them whenever they turned in)

• Funny

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You know what the point is

I guess we don't Einstein. Maybe you could enlighten us? We're not supposed to say "we" when referring to the ISU football team, or basketball team, or any sports team? Is that "the point"?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If you don't have the passion that @clonedude showed in his post, why are you even on CF?

I have all kinds of passion about Iowa State athletics.

Yesterday was crushing. But the same people were losing their **** last year around this time. Then they would have shared their wives with Campbell by mid October.

Too many ran their mouths to the dumbass hawk fans like we see here. Now they have to eat it, and so they pout and whine.

Now clonedude does this every week, so it’s expected from him. But Jesus perspective is ******* necessary at some point.

• Funny

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I guess we don't Einstein. Maybe you could enlighten us? We're not supposed to say "we" when referring to the ISU football team, or basketball team, or any sports team? Is that "the point"?

He’s assigning himself fandom, and not necessarily sincere about it.

Calm down. Tough l last night. You’ll be fine.

• Useful

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Meh, Iowa is a solid P5 for the non con and it's convenient. But "good for the state" is stupid. It's good for Ames and Iowa City.

I wondered when someone would realize this. The cities of Ames and Iowa city, also the spillover to Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, benefit from these games. People in decorah, not so much

• Funny

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
There's no denying that the best strategic option for the program is to load up on cupcakes and start every season 3-0. It literally doesn't hurt our current program state in any way.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
There's no denying that the best strategic option for the program is to load up on cupcakes and start every season 3-0. It literally doesn't hurt our current program state in any way.

I couldn’t disagree with this more. Sounds like a great way to guarantee some rough lessons in conference play.

This team knows it’s weaknesses and has a month to fix them before conference play starts. They aren’t competing for the big 12 the last two years playing 3 powder puffs.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I couldn’t disagree with this more. Sounds like a great way to guarantee some rough lessons in conference play.

This team knows it’s weaknesses and has a month to fix them before conference play starts. They aren’t competing for the big 12 the last two years playing 3 powder puffs.
In what scenario does a loss to an Iowa or UNI benefit us more than being 3-0 against garbage teams? Did those losses to Iowa help us win the conference lately?

I'm sure the coaching staff can identify weaknesses in practices and in camp, as well even during these garbage games. These games would also give us valuable time to play and coach our depth. Hopefully they'd give our starters both stats and rest. We learn rough lessons in conference play as-is, we're still going to do that either way. We should be stacking W's as much as possible, 'cuz at the end of the day, any W is greater than any L.

Putting the bravado and bragging rights aside and just looking purely at program state, there's never a reason to take a non-con loss. We've taken, what, 5 of them in 4 years?