What Iowa did to win, is What ISU didn’t

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
THAT was the difference in the game. Iowa converted a 3rd and 22 to get points later in the drive. ISU fumbled on a scoring drive which Iowa turned into a score before halftime (I believe). ISU jumped on a 4th and 3 only to punt into the end zone the next play.
Iowa made all FG attempts and ISU special teams were not at all special, just gross.
ISU has played two games of offense as if they want the defense to score for them- no urgency. 15 pts (regulation avg) will win zero big 12 games.
Iowa was the better team and who the game today. Iowa state has a lot to figure out if they will he in the top half of the big 12 this year.
VERY disappointing start! Our fans continue to show up and be awesome- they deserve better than the wheels falling off game of today.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
THAT was the difference in the game. Iowa converted a 3rd and 22 to get points later in the drive. ISU fumbled on a scoring drive which Iowa turned into a score before halftime (I believe). ISU jumped on a 4th and 3 only to punt into the end zone the next play.
Iowa made all FG attempts and ISU special teams were not at all special, just gross.
ISU has played two games of offense as if they want the defense to score for them- no urgency. 15 pts (regulation avg) will win zero big 12 games.
Iowa was the better team and who the game today. Iowa state has a lot to figure out if they will he in the top half of the big 12 this year.
VERY disappointing start! Our fans continue to show up and be awesome- they deserve better than the wheels falling off game of today.
tLIHVdL.gif

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Ya know if they hadn't called that hold or would have least called a hold on one of the key Iowa plays, Iowa would be saying the same thing. It was just that close. Good game with ISU making just enough mistakes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I came away feeling ISU is better at every position with better talent outside of special teams. The season looks like it will be a good one. Even if not, I pleased to see the development of the Offensive line in particular.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
VERY disappointing start! Our fans continue to show up and be awesome- they deserve better than the wheels falling off game of today.[/QUOTE]

If the crowd made the kind of noise they make on 3rd down everydown they would be a good crowd. As they were, a C effort at best.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Ya know if they hadn't called that hold or would have least called a hold on one of the key Iowa plays, Iowa would be saying the same thing. It was just that close. Good game with ISU making just enough mistakes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I came away feeling ISU is better at every position with better talent outside of special teams. The season looks like it will be a good one. Even if not, I pleased to see the development of the Offensive line in particular.

The bottom line is ISU needs to be more like Iowa. Just clean up the mistakes, and be more consistent. It seemed like ISU could just rip Iowa through the air or even in the running game for 3-4 plays in a row and then they would misfire on a 1st down and get out of rhythm. Iowa just methodically marches down the field.