Cocky Hawk fans

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I know every fan base has a-holes, but seems Iowa has more of them. Last night while leaving the stadium, had a teenage or early 20 something in a group of Hawk fans hold up his hand and say, “High five, in a row!!” Showed him my middle finger.

And of course this morning at Hy-Vee the Hawk jerseys and t-shirts were out in full force. Lots of condescending smirks too.

Damn I hate the Iowa game. Every year. Wouldn’t bother me to play someone else. A guaranteed win. Rant over. And $#@% the Hawks. Hope they lose every game.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I know every fan base has a-holes, but seems Iowa has more of them. Last night while leaving the stadium, had a teenage or early 20 something in a group of Hawk fans hold up his hand and say, “High five, in a row!!” Showed him my middle finger.

And of course this morning at Hy-Vee the Hawk jerseys and t-shirts were out in full force. Lots of condescending smirks too.

Damn I hate the Iowa game. Every year. Wouldn’t bother me to play someone else. A guaranteed win. Rant over. And $#@% the Hawks. Hope they lose every game.
giphy.gif

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

On a serious note...pretty standard stuff in your post. If you can’t handle that...you won’t survive this board.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

When you're at Hy-Vee and they start talking about 5 in a row, just tell them that they are bagging your groceries wrong.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
When you're at Hy-Vee and they start talking about 5 in a row, just tell them that they are bagging your groceries wrong.
I’ve always noticed the most cancerous of all the hawk fans are the ones who definitely have never stepped foot on the University of Iowa campus. The ones who have, will typically engage in simple banter but usually nothing cancerous.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

Oh my gosh. I can not believe that happened to you. I’m appalled.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Oh my gosh. I can not believe that happened to you. I’m appalled.

Agree... that's nothing compared to how Hawk fans have treated me and my family at games both in Kinnick and at Jack Trice. Not to mention just out in public too if you wear any Cyclone gear.

KCRG did a whole story on a kid in eastern Iowa last year who was bullied at elementary school for wearing ISU shirts to school. So his teacher was able to get Cy to come to his school to show some support for him, but to also teach the kids to be nice to one another no matter what sports team you may root for.

But that's just how life is being a Cyclone fan in this state. Shouldn't be that way, but one fanbase just has a lot more d-bags than the other..... that's not deniable at all.

Even other schools outside this state talk about how terrible Hawk fans are. They're pretty well known for it. Look at all of them coming over here today to talk trash.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Let the Hawkeyes celebrate their Super Bowl victory in typical TavernHawk style.

The Hawkeye team I watched last night is going to have some problems with Big Ten West teams that know them well. They were lucky they played an Iowa State team that was one Special Teams screw up after another.

And to be fair, we are going to have problems with this Big 12 road schedule unless we clean up some Special Teams issues and improve in the Red Zone.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Agree... that's nothing compared to how Hawk fans have treated me and my family at games both in Kinnick and at Jack Trice. Not to mention just out in public too if you wear any Cyclone gear.

KCRG did a whole story on a kid in eastern Iowa last year who was bullied at elementary school for wearing ISU shirts to school. So his teacher was able to get Cy to come to his school to show some support for him, but to also teach the kids to be nice to one another no matter what sports team you may root for.

But that's just how life is being a Cyclone fan in this state. Shouldn't be that way, but one fanbase just has a lot more d-bags than the other..... that's not deniable at all.

Even other schools outside this state talk about how terrible Hawk fans are. They're pretty well known for it. Look at all of them coming over here today to talk trash.

criticalobserver.... you find it funny that elementary kids are bullying an ISU fan at school? Interesting, but not surprising at all. Wonder why they would do that? Hmmm... oh yeah, because they are taught that by their parents at home. Hey kids... you need to trash kids at school wearing ISU stuff ok? Just like mommy and daddy do to ISU fans, alright.

criticalobserver

Apr 22, 2018
Mar-A-Lago
criticalobserver.... you find it funny that elementary kids are bullying an ISU fan at school? Interesting, but not surprising at all. Wonder why they would do that? Hmmm... oh yeah, because they are taught that by their parents at home. Hey kids... you need to trash kids at school wearing ISU stuff ok? Just like mommy and daddy do to ISU fans, alright.

From the KCRG story,and I quote:

"A district spokeperson said this isn't an example of bullying, but rather teasing."

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Cy-the--504113871.html

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

I can tell u the perception of Iowa fans is pretty low up here. Generally badger fans dont give two ***** about Iowa until the week of, and then they are like "oh great these ******* people again." Iowa fans think they have some kind of rivalry with Wisconsin, even though they always get torched.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Twitters most famous pantherhok, hawkize, sure doesn’t care about ISU which is why he’s tweeted close to 100 times since the game ended.

This is seriously what i imagine that guys life is like

F037B288-7782-48E6-9287-775CDF673C05.png

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
My 6 year old daughter who goes to every game with me was pretty upset about the loss. I gave her pep talk after the game "Being a Cyclone makes you strong and is better than being a Hawkeye every time."

Let them brag on Twitter and talk about how they don't care about the game. Win or lose being a Cyclone is better every day of the week.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Let the Hawkeyes celebrate their Super Bowl victory in typical TavernHawk style.

The Hawkeye team I watched last night is going to have some problems with Big Ten West teams that know them well. They were lucky they played an Iowa State team that was one Special Teams screw up after another.

And to be fair, we are going to have problems with this Big 12 road schedule unless we clean up some Special Teams issues and improve in the Red Zone.

We are going to see one or two defenses better than the one we played last night. Watch our red zone issues magically disappear like last year.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

Help Support Us

Become a patron