New Uniforms Revealed

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Question for the Athletic Dept marketing team:
When we experimented (and failed because it hasn't been used since) why did we go with the bugle tornado instead of going with the old tornado Cy but just remove Cy?

br-jpg.66606

Picture this tornado without Cy as a secondary logo. I'd be in. Any photoshoppers out there that could mock one up?

I like this, but if Cy had some gold in it I think it would be better. Looks a little too much like texas tech

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Minnesota had some Washington Redskins type uniforms. They looked good, I didn't care for the helmets though. Arizona State's uniforms were really sharp and the helmet was awesome.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Explain “off.” I’m just curious. Except for the Nike-fication of some of the elements, I think Minn’s unis are some of the best in the nation.
I'm in the camp that there needs to be some continuity throughout the helmet, jersey, pants. Their helmet had no white on it (other than the stupid gopher buck teeth on one side lol) but then those bright white numbers and thick white collar on the jersey. The pants were solid yellow. No different from when we have our cardinal helmets and jerseys that have yellow trim and numbers and then plain white pants. Looks like we opted for practice pants rather than the ones that actually go with the rest of the uniform. That's why I thought Minny's uniforms looked off. Put a little more white in the helmet, and some maroon and white trim on the pants, and they'd be more cohesive in my opinion.

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
I'm in the camp that there needs to be some continuity throughout the helmet, jersey, pants. Their helmet had no white on it (other than the stupid gopher buck teeth on one side lol) but then those bright white numbers and thick white collar on the jersey. The pants were solid yellow. No different from when we have our cardinal helmets and jerseys that have yellow trim and numbers and then plain white pants. Looks like we opted for practice pants rather than the ones that actually go with the rest of the uniform. That's why I thought Minny's uniforms looked off. Put a little more white in the helmet, and some maroon and white trim on the pants, and they'd be more cohesive in my opinion.
How about something like this? (We can keep the I-State on the helmet, but I love Whirly Cy. He looks great on my helmets in NCAA14.) Cardinal, gold & white tying all uniform pieces together.

i-state uni.png

I actually used to dislike the gold facemask on the cardinal helmet, but it's growing on me.

Reactions: STLISU

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
When might we see the cardinal Chrome helmets this year? I think we will see them at least 2x this year (based on some official pics), one home and one away.
I therefore predict at Baylor, c/w/b with Chrome helmet this week! I think this combo would look great, something different. Baylor would be a good opponent to pull this one out (give them a little Black and blue, and crimson, hopefully) Not too unlike what OSU wore against Texas this past week (red/white/black; yes OSU's helmet was more red than it was Cowboy orange).
....My prediction for at Baylor is all-white.

My pick for Baylor: Chrome C/W/B Of course I am usually not right! :)
CyUni 2020  b8 - r w b  23 Redface RedSocksw CY .png CyUni 2020  b8 - r w b  23 RedfaceBlkStrap RedSocksw CY .png I guess it might just be black chin straps this year (w/ cardinal helmet), though I might prefer off-white strap w/ this combo.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
One more chrome...for my Home Chrome helmet, I will say, chrome r/b/b, mainly because I saw that recruit pic with it, and everyone says the chrome helmet will not work well w/ cardinal jersey (except maybe for a night game?). Not predicting who we might use this against yet (ehr, Texas), if at all. I'll believe it when I see it!
CyUni 2020  a2 - r b b  15 BlkSocksCY.png CyUni 2020  a2 - r b b  15 RedSocksCY.png Black or Red socks.

Reactions: CYCLNST8