Getting over it

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
All is well. Isu will cobble together 7 wins and go to another average bowl game like the camping world bowl.

I was around the last time ISU cobbled together 3 winning seasons in a row. I was just starting college after year 3 of that last streak

I will soon be retiring from a 35 year work career

How is that for some perspective which it seems you need

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Honestly think we will go on a nice winning streak against them starting next year. Nobody outside of Stanley and Epenesa impressed me at all last night and they will both be gone next year.
I hope you are right, but next year will be a bit of a transition early in the year because we do lose quite a few key seniors, and it will be in Kinnick again.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Honestly think we will go on a nice winning streak against them starting next year. Nobody outside of Stanley and Epenesa impressed me at all last night and they will both be gone next year.

Iowa's RBs were good and Stanley completed passes he usually doesn't.

Otherwise didn't have many standouts. I guess their field goal kicker performed like a D1 field goal kicker should.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I hope you are right, but next year will be a bit of a transition early in the year because we do lose quite a few key seniors, and it will be in Kinnick again.

They will be starting a new QB losing a 3 year starter at QB.
I think this is probably the first time in the Campbell era where ISU will have the edge in terms of a seasoned QB.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They will be starting a new QB losing a 3 year starter at QB.
I think this is probably the first time in the Campbell era where ISU will have the edge in terms of a seasoned QB.
Absolutely, but losing Lima, Bailey, Johnson, and Leo up front on that DL is a lot and we lose every starter on our OL except our center.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
Well for one, KSU just beat Mississippi Stste.

Bulldogs qb gets benched in the 3rd after going 7/15 with 2 picks and then they brought in a freshman who goes 4/12 passing. I don’t think miss st is any good. K-st only put up 269 yards of offense and won the game on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
So KSU dominated a good team defensively on the road and won? We’re supposed to feel better why?

What makes Mississippi state a good team?

I think they are terrible. If you only gain 269 yards on offense and lose the TOP on the road, a decent team should beat you by 14 points.

It’s always nice to win on the road but K-St was hardly dominant.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Last night I was thinking "why do I even watch this game?" The emotional upside of winning isn't as good as the sheer anger of losing is bad. It's like making a $10 bet where the best you can do is get back $12, but you might lose it all. Wondering if next year I should just plan a fun activity with the family that doesn't involve football at all, like maybe go on a weekend fishing trip or something.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Bulldogs qb gets benched in the 3rd after going 7/15 with 2 picks and then they brought in a freshman who goes 4/12 passing. I don’t think miss st is any good. K-st only put up 269 yards of offense and won the game on the road.

He didnt get benched, he hurt his shoulder. I dont know what fantasy world you live in, but anytime you win a road game against an SEC opponent it should be considered a solid win.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
He didnt get benched, he hurt his shoulder. I dont know what fantasy world you live in, but anytime you win a road game against an SEC opponent it should be considered a solid win.

It was a solid win, I just don’t think Mississippi state is any good.