*** Official #19 Iowa VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I think with purdy being more mobile today the line will look better

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I’m still a little disappointed with Church’s pick. I like the guy and his music (went to a concert of his at the Iowa Speedway 11ish years ago when he was still a little under the radar and not as pop country). But I mean you are the guest picker at Iowa State, you gotta pick the host school. Sometimes the moment means more than being right (I am copyrighting this as a country song btw ;)). Read the room even a little instead of trying to improve your GameDay pick record. When it happens that they are trying to be right instead of catering to the crowd, you know you’ve had the same person on a little too often.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My prediction is that if what is happening west of here keeps stays together at the same pace it will hit right about game time.

I think they'll definitely get the game in, but there could be a delay to start the game, unless this system falls apart. Plenty of lightning just west of Ames currently.

I don't know a single meteorologist that got this weather correct today. Not too shocking I know.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
FYI- The guy who had the Venmo sign has collected about $1600 so far. He shared on social media he's gonna buy a case of beer with whatever comes in and donate the rest to the UI Children's Hospital.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I’m still a little disappointed with Church’s pick. I like the guy and his music (went to a concert of his at the Iowa Speedway 11ish years ago when he was still a little under the radar and not as pop country). But I mean you are the guest picker at Iowa State, you gotta pick the host school. Sometimes the moment means more than being right (I am copyrighting this as a country song btw ;)). Read the room even a little instead of trying to improve your GameDay pick record. When it happens that they are trying to be right instead of catering to the crowd, you know you’ve had the same person on a little too often.
Cy getting Corso head makes up for it, imho.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Could you imagine how bad of an idea that would have been to hold Gameday by Stephens? The end zone and the new plaza looked great on TV!!

It really was the best option (#2 imo was the clock/union area) for the scene, and convenience that everyone can get to the boozin' eating yelling and what have you.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

Yeah, he was a total dud, and Is feel the same way even if he picked us. Pretty sure they said it was his third appearance as a guest picker. Who the hell decided to invite him back a second and third time? We should have gotten Katy Perry.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
F&@K Eric Church, the real pick in this game is my stagger until game time.

I’m going Busch - Busch - Water

That’s the real winner

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I think they'll definitely get the game in, but there could be a delay to start the game, unless this system falls apart. Plenty of lightning just west of Ames currently.

I don't know a single meteorologist that got this weather correct today. Not too shocking I know.
They will get the game in I think that is a forgone conclusion. However, my concern is that it is starting to look like it is back building. Maybe all the way to Omaha. If is starts running the hwy 30 train, may be waiting a long time to start the game. Hopefully it falls apart, but this time of day usually things ramp up.