Post your favorite Hawkeye story...

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I know a guy who actually named his kids Kinnick and Hayden.

Oh wait, that's true.

I have an employee who named her kids Kinnick and Kayden. Both boys.

I mean, it's not TERRIBLE, minus the Hawk connection, certainly there are worse names out there... Of course there is no Hawk connection, neither her, the father, any family, etc etc

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was in a bar in Iowa City 2 years ago for the Iowa vs. Penn State game. There was only going to be one play left by Penn State and everyone took out their phones to record the ending. Iowa was either going to win or lose on that play and when McSorley threw the TD pass everyone was incredibly mad and sad and experiencing tons of emotions. However there were a group of girls that were Iowa fans that kept recording and were jumping up and down screaming for probably 5 seconds before a group of people yelled "shut the **** up, we just lost you idiots". They looked so confused and it was hilarious as someone on the outside looking in.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I was in a bar in Iowa City 2 years ago for the Iowa vs. Penn State game. There was only going to be one play left by Penn State and everyone took out their phones to record the ending. Iowa was either going to win or lose on that play and when McSorley threw the TD pass everyone was incredibly mad and sad and experiencing tons of emotions. However there were a group of girls that were Iowa fans that kept recording and were jumping up and down screaming for probably 5 seconds before a group of people yelled "shut the **** up, we just lost you idiots". They looked so confused and it was hilarious as someone on the outside looking in.

Reactions: The_Architect

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
I was 11 years old and sister was getting a golf lesson from the Pro at Finkbine approx spring 1998. Streak hadn't been broken. Hayden was hitting balls on the range and my dad told me to get Hayden's autograph. I was reluctant but I did. He asked "oh are you a big hawkeye fan?" I said no I'm a cyclone fan. He kind of chuckled and wrote me this note. Seemed like a nice guy but bet he didn't see the butt kicking coming that fall!

Attachments

• Hayden Autograph2.JPG
    Hayden Autograph2.JPG
    946.6 KB · Views: 139

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Did you go offer to buy drinks for that group? Sounds like my group of ladies

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I saw a guy wearing an Iowa shirt and Patriots hat on the jet flying back today.

Like you were not already enough of an unlikable *******.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
My favorite was one year we were in the student lot up next to Elwood and the Iowa equipment semi was driving by and was laying on the horn. The light turned red and he got stopped in front of the students everyone turned and proceeded to chuck beers at the trailer. I will never forget that moment it was glorious!

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
Our high school had a hawk fan... his nickname was "Summer", because like summertime, there was "no class" in that kid.

• Funny
Reactions: SpokaneCY

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The wife and I travel in Mexico, Caribbean & both coasts. Big inside joke with us is how many days until we encounter a Hawk fan wearing a shirt or cap. Always happens no matter how far we are from civilization. It's always laughable because the person is clueless as to how moronic and juvenile he is portrayed. Additionally, almost all are not college graduates.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I once saw a Hawk fan without a stained shirt.

I ONCE ran into A Hawk fan who had a nice, full smile instead of the "some-are teeth" most if not all of Hawkeye fans have -- as in "some are missing, some are crooked, some are tobacco stained"

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron