Parking for Saturday

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Are there a bunch of Ubers/Lyfts around Ames on Gamedays? I need to get to Huxley for the game but want to tailgate.

Will I be looking at ridiculous surge pricing ?
I'd expect surge pricing all day. That's not gonna be a cheap ride to Huxley. I bet over $50.

I also thought I heard there is a specific Uber/Lyft pick up spot now, but I can't find anything about that on cyclones.com.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but we know there will be a huge crowd. People will get there even earlier and kick is at 3pm. Can you imagine on a warm day how nasty the kybos are going to be by kickoff.

• Dislike
Reactions: discydisc

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but we know there will be a huge crowd. People will get there even earlier and kick is at 3pm. Can you imagine on a warm day how nasty the kybos are going to be by kickoff.

For this game specifically, make sure you lift the seat to check before you go in the urinal. I have seen them so full that if you go in the urinal it will drain out of the toilet. I know that sounds nasty, but it is true.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Are there a bunch of Ubers/Lyfts around Ames on Gamedays? I need to get to Huxley for the game but want to tailgate.

Will I be looking at ridiculous surge pricing ?

I don't know if it is a crappy phone, but service will be absolutely terrible for that game. If you by chance get through, I am with others that it will be extremely expensive to get to Huxley.

arod79

Sep 9, 2019
Update from noon drive-by at the lots . Even with the rain this morning they looked pretty good . No standing water at G8 anymore from the looks of it . Hopefully this afternoon rain is under an inch . The tailgating gods will provide .

As always

GO Cyclones

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Welp, looks like a good size storm is about to hit. We will see how the lots hold up.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Cyclone fans watching the radar be like...
tenor.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Welp, looks like a good size storm is about to hit. We will see how the lots hold up.
Actually looks like it barely got hit. Storm broke up right before it hit ames.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
For someone who doesn't come down to Ames very often (giant house divided), we were hoping to park somewhere around G8, we have parked there before and it works well, not quite as close as we would like but oh well. If we show up at 5:30 a.m. you think there will be any spots left? Is it easy to save another spot next to you for somebody? Seems to me some of the lots opening at 5 a.m. seems like a slight overreaction to Gameday. 3 p.m. kick 6 a.m. seem very sufficient in my mind but what do I know.

Can't wait for this weekend.
No. You'll cause a riot if you try this

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Was at Texas Motor Speedway for it's inaugural race. They severely underestimated the amount of kybos needed. Picture the Rocky Mountains above the kybo seat. Yes, probably the most disgusting sight you can see. Yes it was very warm in Texas at that time to!! :eek::eek:

• Useful
Reactions: ICYclone

RagnarLothbrok

Feb 28, 2015

I will never forget watching the big screen, which was ahead of the broadcast mind you, seeing the crowd in JT Stadium explode as Steele Jantz pitches to James White for a 3OT win. Then I walked out of the lot to go celebrate downtown. As I walked out, I witnessed something I had never really noticed before. **** and piss pouring out the floors of the kybo doors. And it wasn't just one, it was many, and some still had people using them, for what reason I could not comprehend other than modesty.

• Funny
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Just be happy the rain we got in north iowa/southern minnesota stayed here. We have had about 8 inches in the last 48 hours.
It's the first time my basement window wells filled with water. One of the windows ripped the latch out uder the preassure and came open so I had a lovely afternoon. Basement is mostly dry now though. Ready to have a few beers this weekend.

• Friendly
Reactions: cstrunk

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
Note to anyone planning on using Über: I was a driver (haven't done it since NYE so not sure if this is still 100% accurate) and from my experience, the farther you get away from major areas (stadium) the lower the surge pricing. So I'd suggest walking a ways away and trying, could save you a lot of money. Also tip your drivers! ;)

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
South 16th lot's didn't look bad bad this morning on way from getting $2.18 gal gas at Sam's thing morning. You can tell they haven't really dried from the rain last night yet. Haunted Forest has some standing water (what's new there). Just need some sun, heat and wind to dry them out.

• Informative
Reactions: CubsClones1