Who will be the guest picker?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I've gotta 'bump' the whole computer related idea. Atanasoff's invention, without a doubt, is the most notable invention ever produced. And it was done so by Iowa State University. Leave the audience never forgetting Iowa State's impact on every single person on the planet. With a little creativity this could really be cool. Bill Gates, Larry Ellis, Robert Swan, 'thanking' Iowa State for example.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've gotta 'bump' the whole computer related idea. Atanasoff's invention, without a doubt, is the most notable invention ever produced. And it was done so by Iowa State University. Leave the audience never forgetting Iowa State's impact on every single person on the planet. With a little creativity this could really be cool. Bill Gates, Larry Ellis, Robert Swan, 'thanking' Iowa State for example.

Bill Gates confirmed.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Aw hell... bring both Dan McCarney and Hayden Fry and let them arm wrestle for the pick...

Mac might have a bit of an age advantage, but still...

• Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
OK, going outside the box here (again)...

Ames Lab was instrumental in developing the process to obtain pure uranium for use in the atomic bomb. Who better than...

RADIOACTIVE MAN!
Radioactive_Man.png

Or maybe Fallout Boy
220px-FallOutBoy.jpg

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I like out of the box. Once at one of Johnny Carson's shows, I coaxed my buddies to follow my lead. Soon the entire audience was caught up in something really weird, thus making it one of Johnny's all time favorite shows. Bottom line: out-of-the-box = memorable. I think pretty much anyone who had fun in college (or post) most remembers one of those out-of-character drunken stupors (always safe, but stupid). Sadly, I had a few too many. But they're sure allot of fun to reminisce about.
Just trying to take this thread to another fun level.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
OK, going outside the box here (again)...

Ames Lab was instrumental in developing the process to obtain pure uranium for use in the atomic bomb. Who better than...

RADIOACTIVE MAN!
Radioactive_Man.png

Or maybe Fallout Boy
220px-FallOutBoy.jpg

There IS an Ames strain of anthrax that's shown up in un-friendly places...

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
To be clear, my suggestions about actors (Ashton Kutcher, Tom Arnold, etc) were not because they once went to school at the U of Iowa, but because they are famous faces that most football fans of all ages could recognize. Should probably add Ron Livingston to the group. Though all of these (Kutcher, Arnold, Livingston, Elijah Wood) spent at least part of their lives in eastern Iowa and since I too have spent all of my young life in Eastern Iowa and still became a Cyclone fan, I really don't divide the state like others do. Arnold and Kutcher would do it for the money or notoriety. Not sure what Livingston or Wood's motivation might be.

Maybe should also add Lolo Jones to the list.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
To be clear, my suggestions about actors (Ashton Kutcher, Tom Arnold, etc) were not because they once went to school at the U of Iowa, but because they are famous faces that most football fans of all ages could recognize. Should probably add Ron Livingston to the group. Though all of these (Kutcher, Arnold, Livingston, Elijah Wood) spent at least part of their lives in eastern Iowa and since I too have spent all of my young life in Eastern Iowa and still became a Cyclone fan, I really don't divide the state like others do. Arnold and Kutcher would do it for the money or notoriety. Not sure what Livingston or Wood's motivation might be.

Maybe should also add Lolo Jones to the list.

LOL

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Okay, who is going to the Ames airport on Saturday morning and see who gets off the ESPN jet so we get a little advance notice?