Antonio Brown accused of rape

HomeBornClone

Aug 28, 2019
And as if the Patriots couldn't get more unlikeable.
Ngl I love the Patriots (I’m a Vikings fan btw). Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have been consistently contenting for Super Bowls for 15 seasons.Tom Brady is going to win his 7 super bowl this year. That is unheard of in the NFL.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
At first I just assumed he was guilty but looking into it more I’m getting a little skeptical. Is there a reason why she’d only file a lawsuit and not press charges?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
At first I just assumed he was guilty but looking into it more I’m getting a little skeptical. Is there a reason why she’d only file a lawsuit and not press charges?
If there's not a rape kit I guess/physical evidence

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And as if the Patriots couldn't get more unlikeable.
Is it a Patriots issue when it's an assumption they didnt know and just assumed he was a head case?
I hate 'em too but not sure this is much to judge them on. Now what they do from here can be. I'd probably cut bait with him.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

I dunno, the same thing was used to condemn Big Ben as a rapist (and he may very well be). His first accuser went straight for the money. That alone isn't discrediting though.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That's a stretch to say at this point. He supposedly sent her texts bragging about what he did. If she has those that has to help her case.

But I don't think the first two events that she has text messages of are the damning ones. Especially if she agreed to work with him after that. Inappropriate, yes but not worth a large settlement.

The rape later is why this has potential to be bad for AB. If this can be proven, I would think the NFL would step in and suspend him along with her getting a large cash award. The difficulty she has is the timeline. Why wait over a year to file? Did she document anything at the time? Not that I'm saying it didn't happen, but a jury could see this as a money grab with his new contract and taking advantage of his public craziness he's been exhibiting.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I'm not 100% fluent in "AB language" but the text messages provided in which he comments on ejaculating on her back don't necessarily verify that it was done without her consent.

If what she claims happened happened though, then he deserves to be done with football forever and spend time in jail.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not 100% fluent in "AB language" but the text messages provided in which he comments on ejaculating on her back don't necessarily verify that it was done without her consent.

If what she claims happened happened though, then he deserves to be done with football forever and spend time in jail.

He only spends time in jail if she presses charges. For some reason she has elected not to do that.