Hawk Media

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Solid close out. Calling out the AD for promoting his school and providing one of its largest donors the opportunity to be the backdrop on a show being broadcast to a few million viewers.

You can tell some people are really geeked about this. Especially Pollard.

Shortly after the announcement was made, the ISU AD took to Twitter to say: “I could not be happier for our fan base. They have earned this with their unwavering loyalty and passion. I hope everyone takes the time to enjoy this week. Go Cyclones!’’

On Sunday evening, he was still gushing, revealing that the GameDay broadcast will originate from the plaza south of the stadium.

“The Sukup End Zone Club will be a great backdrop for the show.’’

On Monday, he tweeted out a video of the scoreboard at Jack Trice Stadium with a countdown to the start of GameDay at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Just remember, he's pandering to an insecure fan base. Pump up their achievements, downplay the achievements of others.

You want to know why these two fan bases the way they are - ISU fans scrappy and seeking respect and Iowa fans arrogant well beyond proportion to their actual accomplishments - it's decades and decades of columns and stories like this.

This type of legacy media is changing in Iowa but isn't dead yet.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Solid close out. Calling out the AD for promoting his school and providing one of its largest donors the opportunity to be the backdrop on a show being broadcast to a few million viewers.

You can tell some people are really geeked about this. Especially Pollard.

Shortly after the announcement was made, the ISU AD took to Twitter to say: “I could not be happier for our fan base. They have earned this with their unwavering loyalty and passion. I hope everyone takes the time to enjoy this week. Go Cyclones!’’

On Sunday evening, he was still gushing, revealing that the GameDay broadcast will originate from the plaza south of the stadium.

“The Sukup End Zone Club will be a great backdrop for the show.’’

On Monday, he tweeted out a video of the scoreboard at Jack Trice Stadium with a countdown to the start of GameDay at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Funny thing is Pollard offered multiple locations/ideas to ESPN and they chose.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The author is probably going to be unemployed pretty quick.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The author is probably going to be unemployed pretty quick.
Not with the amount of clicks he just got.

tenor.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Well that’s definitely a overly sensitive way to look at it. Hope they set up some safe spaces for cyclone fans this week. Yeesh!

I wish hok trolls weren’t an en masse, all the time, every time, every day, all day, 24/7/365 thing on this site. Maybe this week would be a little more special around here. But nope, we get the same “smarter than you and here to prove it” hok doosh that we always get.

Last edited:

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Well that’s definitely a overly sensitive way to look at it. Hope they set up some safe spaces for cyclone fans this week. Yeesh!

I agree it is a little "overly sensitive", but I will be damned if I take "sensitivity" insults from a fan base who were triggered by one billboard that was put up 35 miles away from Kinnick Stadium.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I agree it is a little "overly sensitive", but I will be damned if I take "sensitivity" insults from a fan base who were triggered by one billboard that was put up 35 miles away from Kinnick Stadium.
That’s more like it!!! Gonna be mayhem Saturday!!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Relax, no need to get so upset about negative reviews of an opinion piece. How did you become so sensitive that you yearn to get butthurt over pro-Cyclone posts on a Cyclone fan site? Is it that bad being a tavernhawk?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Really miss when Craig Cooper was writing for the Quad City Times - he was one of the few journalists in eastern Iowa that was actually biased towards ISU (also went to school with his son, but that's neither here nor there).