**** Official College Ames-day thread ****

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Syracuse getting rocked should help too. I was nervous before this week that we would lose the ranking since we were literally hanging onto #25 by a hair but since 3 teams in the 21-25 range lost, ISU has got to be ranked.
I guess I was wrong. Gotta love how some voters go from picking you to play in the cotton bowl preseason to not having you ranked at all despite a close win. Rock Iowa and we'll be back in next week

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
ISU's probably up around 20 last week and still in if they don't **** around last weekend.

Doesn't really matter at the end of the season although now ISU and Iowa playing each other while both ranked still hasn't happened.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Im sure there are a few aspects for not having it in central campus.
  1. worried about having all those people from everywhere on central campus and the destruction they might do.
  2. power is easier to come by probably out at the Hilton
  3. actually having an open area with a view plus room for everyone might get tricky, with the trees and roads and everything.
  4. Parking would be a nightmare, there is no parking down there. although parking at the stadium with all this is still going to be a nightmare. I am guessing every parking area in the entire town will be full. I hope they figure out how to shuttle people there, extra Cyrides etc.
  5. they want to showcase the stadium and athletic areas plus our amazing tailgate, and include all those fans that are just going to stay in that area.
  6. That area was made to handle tens of thousands of people at one time, and still be stressed to the max, putting it in central campus where it is made to be a park like setting and look beautiful would quickly get overwhelmed.
At first I didn't like the area chosen, but now after I think of it, it makes sense and might be a little small of an area actually. Really with the construction going on in other areas there probably isn't many other options.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So here's the view from the walkway at Scheman. If you go down to the ground level you can't even see the stadium at all because of the slight hill at the roadway. So all this is normally parking on gamedays, so that would all be lost then.

upload_2019-9-8_17-49-21.png

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
They don't like it when JP does his job while Barta just has to keep fighting lawsuits all the time.

I thought Barta was still introducing McCaffery as the new head MBB coach?

Seriously...Barta talked FOREVER at McCaffery's introductory press conference. I was living in Nebraska at the time, and an Omaha radio station was wanting to carry it live. The hosts kept coming back to the audio feed, and Barta was still talking. Became a running joke for the show anytime Iowa basketball was mentioned. "Wait, is Gary Barta still talking? *audio snippet played* Yep." /tangent

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
While JP is getting GameDay to come to Ames, Barta is settling lawsuits and secretly handing out extensions to Mad Fran.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They're stupid. Every P5 AD should be emailing contacts at ESPN selling their programs virtues and trying to get Gameday. Honestly, if you're not doing that, you are not doing your job.
It’s not our fault Barta is worthless as **** marketing his athletic programs.