**** Official College Ames-day thread ****

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I’m assuming a Gameday on TV will show a view behind them all the lots between Hilton and stadium if they are set up between Hilton and Schem build.. with the stadium in background.

I thought maybe they could do it in front of Olsen Bldg but wouod be to chaotic and they have to leave room for people behind the Gameday crew to stand etc..

If they set it up where they are TV audience will see massive tailgating with Stadium in background

• Agree
Reactions: jdoggivjc

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I know but I want to know now. Why can’t we just have everything.

giphy.gif

[Don't blame you, though. The sooner the better.]

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Wonder how early people will have to get in line to into the area they set up for fans? For the gameday at Hilton I was there are 6 in the morning. For this it may end up being even earlier.

I was at Hilton at 6AM that day and we still had to wait in line

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Between Hilton and C.Y. Stephens.

I know I initially didn't like the location, but that's actually a really good spot to show the stadium and the tailgate. I personally would have preferred central campus, but with the game starting literally right after the show goes off the air, you'd have to leave Gameday really early just to get to the game. From the selected location as it is a number of people are going to be late for kickoff if they stay to watch Corso don Cy's head.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know I initially didn't like the location, but that's actually a really good spot to show the stadium and the tailgate. I personally would have preferred central campus, but with the game starting literally right after the show goes off the air, you'd have to leave Gameday really early just to get to the game. From the selected location as it is a number of people are going to be late for kickoff if they stay to watch Corso don Cy's head.

What time does CGD end and isn't the ISU/Iowa game in the afternoon?

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
GameDay in Ames is huge for ISU football. It says we’ve arrived and when the nation sees the size of the crowd that gathers behind their stage and our stadium, the whole nation will see what we’ve know for many, many years: ISU has the best fan base in college football.

I’m looking forward to the creative and humorous signs that will proliferate the crowd next Saturday. Something tells me we’ll see some of the best ever.

We as ISU fans deserve this, all of this.

Go Cyclones! **** Iowa!

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I was at Hilton at 6AM that day and we still had to wait in line
I was second in line... started camping on Thursday. And it was totally not worth it. I'll be there Saturday but it's not worth the camp out.

Reactions: Macloney

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I’m planning on setting up in B4 we’re our spot is and will probably walk over to experience for a bit but will mainly watch on tv.

The shots you are on tv are usually cooler than anything else you can experience while standing 100 yards away from the set.

Interested in what they do with the lots, if they open earlier than 7 or not.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
I can't be there, but someone please photoshop the classic photo to:
"HERBSTREIT"
On my belly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron