Texas vs. LSU

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I do not care what people think of the conference. I care about Iowa State having the best or next best record to snag an at-large spot in the Sugar Bowl (if the Champion goes to the Playoffs) or in the Cotton Bowl if the Champion goes to the Sugar (if the Cyclones do not win the Big Xii). The Cyclones have been close the past two years, and I think they have a shot this year. Texas losing is good for ISU. OU losing is good for ISU - if the Cyclones are 9-3 or 10-2 and in the hunt for at-large spot in the NY6 Bowl Games. Think like an ISU Champion not a Big Xii Honk! :)

Are you banking on ISU winning one or both of those games?
ISU benefits more from a team in the playoffs then they do without

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Are you banking on ISU winning one or both of those games?
ISU benefits more from a team in the playoffs then they do without
Either / or both. Texas is probably more likely, since they play @ Iowa State. Based on recent history, there is also a better chance that OU wins the Big Xii and Iowa State is battling for 2nd with Texas. So, I say down with Texas as many times as possible. If OU goes down, it will be in the Xii - which helps ISU in the Conference race - which is a different thing. Bottom line: I care more about what can potentially help Iowa State than being a Big Xii Honk, and Texas losing early and often is good for Iowa State.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I want Texas to win just to shut up the SEC and prove the XII is not a defenseless league.

I don’t like Texas but I my disdain for the SEC is stronger.
I care about what benefits IOWA STATE. At the end of the day, ISU is fighting with Texas (not the SEC) to make the Big Xii Championship Game and / or be an at-large selection in the Sugar (if ISU does not win the Xii, and OU goes to the Playoff). Iowa State fans need to start thinking like a Champion and quit worrying about conference honking.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
LSU has always been my team from the SEC. Strong defense, great uniforms, and a crazy stadium and fan base. Plus **** Texa$. Geaux TIgers!

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
I can't stand the Longhorns partly due to their history of having the Big 12 officials in their pocket but I'll give them and LSU credit for stepping up to play a top notch opponent.

I'd love to see LSU crush them but I suspect it will be a close game.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
It is a non-con game so UT winning here doesn't hurt or help our chances of making the B12 title game. But a big non-con win for the league could help a lot for teams in the running for playoff and NY6 bids, and that does benefit us. Hook 'em Horns! Screw the SEC.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
It is a non-con game so UT winning here doesn't hurt or help our chances of making the B12 title game. But a big non-con win for the league could help a lot for teams in the running for playoff and NY6 bids, and that does benefit us. Hook 'em Horns! Screw the SEC.
Oh, but it can. A big loss here by Texas can get them down in the dumps, lose focus and cost them a game or two in the Xii. A win, and they start believing they can go Undefeated and make the Playoff. Nothing is a given of course. Texas could lose and win out or win and have a crappy conference record. Either way, I'm pulling for LSU!

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I care about what benefits IOWA STATE. At the end of the day, ISU is fighting with Texas (not the SEC) to make the Big Xii Championship Game and / or be an at-large selection in the Sugar (if ISU does not win the Xii, and OU goes to the Playoff). Iowa State fans need to start thinking like a Champion and quit worrying about conference honking.

Thanks for the lecture on how you think I should think.

You’re talking like ISU won’t beat Texas. If Texas beats LSU and then ISU beats Texas, that’s a better win on ISU’s resume than if ISU beats a Texas team that lost to LSU. Come on, think like a champion man.

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007

You’re talking like ISU won’t beat Texas. If Texas beats LSU and then ISU beats Texas, that’s a better win on ISU’s resume than if ISU beats a Texas team that lost to LSU. Come on, think like a champion man.
Actually, I am counting on ISU beating Texas, which would be at least loss #2 on the Longhorns - maybe #3 if OU beats them too. One thing is for sure though. If ISU takes care of business, it doesn't matter one bit who wins the LSU @ Texas game. That is definitely thinking like a Champion! :) Geaux Tigers!

Last edited:

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Actually, I am counting on ISU beating Texas, which would be at least loss #2 on the Longhorns - maybe #3 if OU beats them too. One thing is for sure though. If ISU takes care of business, it doesn't matter one bit who wins the LSU @ Texas game. That is definitely thinking like a Champion! :) Geaux Tigers!

Nice edit.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013

The problem is the league has a habit of giving favorable officiating to a school they think can make the national championship. If Texas beats LSU that puts Texas in a favorable position and you will see shaky officiating.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC