College Gameday in Ames?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If you're concerned about Iowa fans coming to Game Day I would be more worried about the ones that will show up to a game they're not involved in. If Game Day comes I do not care when it does.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If it's gonna happen, I would MUCH MUCH rather have it for the Texas game and not deal with all the extra Iowa morons running around next Saturday.

That said, if it does happen, beating those jackwagons in the mother ******* ground with all that extra national publicity watching us do it as we feed them a giant **** sandwich for lunch??? Yeah... Yeah I could get on board with that.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
UPDATE:: I checked back with my sources and its still a go. New development is they might not even be waiting on the Iowa vs. Rutgers game and will announce it at the end of the show this Saturday at about 10:59am

Once you confirm with sourcez I will believe.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
UPDATE:: I checked back with my sources and its still a go. New development is they might not even be waiting on the Iowa vs. Rutgers game and will announce it at the end of the show this Saturday at about 10:59am

Imagine believing GameDay would announce this early when they didn't have to, with the lingering possibility of Rutgers beating the team that would on the show next week.

If Clemson beats A&M and Syracuse beats Maryland, we are out of luck this time.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Imagine believing GameDay would announce this early when they didn't have to, with the lingering possibility of Rutgers beating the team that would on the show next week.

If Clemson beats A&M and Syracuse beats Maryland, we are out of luck this time.
I'm on the side that I would love to have Gameday for Cy-Hawk. That being said, if it went somewhere else because Iowa got beat by the Scarlet Knights. Well, that would be pretty awesome too.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This blows my mind that ISU fans do not want the program featured on a National show that millions watch and its a honor to be on
I think people saying “no thanks” are referring to hosting and allowing the Hawkeyes to also get exposure. Their fans will try and take it over.

There would be absolutely no ISU fans against hosting Gameday if we were playing literally anyone else, except maybe Nebraska.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If it's gonna happen, I would MUCH MUCH rather have it for the Texas game and not deal with all the extra Iowa morons running around next Saturday.

That said, if it does happen, beating those jackwagons in the mother ******* ground with all that extra national publicity watching us do it as we feed them a giant **** sandwich for lunch??? Yeah... Yeah I could get on board with that.
Do people really watch the featured game more than if it isn't hosting Gameday? Especially when it isn't on the same channel immediately following Gameday?

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Do people really watch the featured game more than if it isn't hosting Gameday? Especially when it isn't on the same channel immediately following Gameday?

I was kind of wondering the same. I'm likely watching the featured game if it doesn't conflict w/ ISU. But I am watching b/c it's the best game that day and therefore ESPN/CGD goes there, not watching b/c Kirk told me to and Lee put on some headgear after swearing on live tv.

If the CGD site features a game not on an ESPN family network, does Kirk get the night off? Or does he hop a plane and go call the night game (somewheres in B1G country)?

Also, we must get #CollegeAmesDay trending.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Yes. I know many people that look forward to having gameday on from 9-11am then turning on a game

• Funny
Reactions: Clon3

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
If the CGD site features a game not on an ESPN family network, does Kirk get the night off? Or does he hop a plane and go call the night game (somewheres in B1G country)?

Also, we must get #CollegeAmesDay trending.
Kirk hops on a plane to the Saturday Night Football game which is Clemson-Syracuse that weekend (unless Clemson-Syracuse is already hosting Gameday obviously). They did this several times last year.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: dunar and wxman1