College Gameday in Ames?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Very good question. I know Iowa dropped from 22 to out of the top 25 after their scare with uni a few years ago. Looked at Wisconsin’s ranking after their scare a few years ago and they only dropped from 12 to 13.

Wisconsin's name brand > Iowa State's name brand

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Sure. Which one is the more interesting matchup though? Clemson will be double digit favorites easy.
This a fair point but does it matter? The CU/SU rankings will be better than UI/ISU. Given the opportunity to blather about Clemson I think Gameday will take it unless SU loses on Saturday. It's a shame because even the Gameday people know the atmosphere would be better in Ames. We hurt our chances with the squeaker vs. UNI because now we can't come out and pound somebody on Saturday to solidify a top 25 ranking.

Edit: the CU/SU game was close last year so if SU wins on Saturday they're going to push the upset alert narrative HARD in week three. I think CU/SU on Gameday week three is pretty much a lock.

Apr 19, 2006
You would think they would want to highlight the only stadium named after a black student athlete. I say we all just start calling them racists to turn up the heat on them. ;) :eek: :oops: o_O :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
ISU is still ranked in AP.... this is a big deal to ESPN
Right now but since ISU doesn't play this week, what are the chances ISU drops out of the poll after this week? We are literally 1 vote away from not being ranked this week. If I were to bet, ISU will not be ranked next week unless someone in teams 21-25(Nebraska) loses.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Right now but since ISU doesn't play this week, what are the chances ISU drops out of the poll after this week? We are literally 1 vote away from not being ranked this week. If I were to bet, ISU will not be ranked next week unless someone in teams 21-25(Nebraska) loses.
The funny thing is, Sagarin Rankings have UNI ranked #85 in the country compared to South Alabama at #139. South Alabama had 5 turnovers, 2 of them being interceptions for TD's. Nebraska also took a punt back for a TD. Nebraska finished with only 276 total yards, with 93 of them being rushing.

• Winner
Reactions: becrisgreg

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The funny thing is, Sagarin Rankings have UNI ranked #85 in the country compared to South Alabama at #139. South Alabama had 5 turnovers, 2 of them being interceptions for TD's. Nebraska also took a punt back for a TD. Nebraska finished with only 276 total yards, with 93 of them being rushing.

Martinez was awful

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Those keeping score at home:

• 1-0 with 2-0; sure thing!!
  • 1-0 with 2-0; Well maybe, the win really wasn’t convincing (notice no asterisk above). (Also raked by @CyTwins)
  • Now ranked 25; this is a big deal! Ignore last statement.

Come back next week for more dancing!!

Reactions: CyTwins

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Those keeping score at home:

• 1-0 with 2-0; sure thing!!
  • 1-0 with 2-0; Well maybe, the win really wasn’t convincing (notice no asterisk above). (Also raked by @CyTwins)
  • Now ranked 25; this is a big deal! Ignore last statement.

Come back next week for more dancing!!
Please show me where I said it was a maybe because of the 3 ot win. I never said they would not come because of that.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If Syracuse and Clemson both win this weekend, it will be the #1 defending champ at a Top 20 program, a school GameDay has never been to. Meanwhile ISU is likely to be unranked for the Cy-Hawk Game. GameDay will also be at a Big 12 site the week right before the Cy-Hawk. And did I mention Clemson-Cuse is the ABC game of the week? I know GameDay often goes to non-ESPN family network games, but that has to help.

I think things are lining up against us, unless Maryland beats Syracuse. If that happens then we are the frontrunner IMO.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
A fact which won't be known until AFTER they make their decision.
Not necessarily. There have been times they have waited until Sunday afternoon to announce the site likely waiting to see how the rankings shake out.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
One thing that is really working against Gameday in Ames is that Syracuse is basically the only opportunity GD will have to get Clemson against a quality opponent since they aren’t there this weekend.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I could also see Aggie beating Clemson. Unlikely...but I could see it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron