Vikings Parking Help

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I scored 2 tickets to the Vikings game this weekend through work. Never been there and was wondering where to park. Wouldnt mind having to walk a bit and would like to try to beat traffic after the game as much as possible.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I scored 2 tickets to the Vikings game this weekend through work. Never been there and was wondering where to park. Wouldnt mind having to walk a bit and would like to try to beat traffic after the game as much as possible.

There are tons of options around downtown where you can park. Most are within walking distance of the stadium.

This link provides more information: https://www.usbankstadium.com/guest-services/general-parking-information

There is another link on that page where you can actually reserve your parking spot in some of the parking garages. I've never used that system before so I can't attest to how it works.

If you're looking to avoid traffic altogether, you can park at the Mall of America for free and ride the light rail to the stadium (you need to pay for a train ticket, of course). That's a nice option if you want to avoid driving downtown. However, you will be waiting a while to get on the train after the game. As you can imagine, the cars fill up quickly with all the fans leaving the stadium. It can also be a huge mass of people, so be aware of that.

• Informative
Reactions: cmjh10

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006

There's a surface lot at ~11th & Marquette that's a good spot but with a bit of a walk. Building next to the lot has a huge piano/keys on the wall.

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone and cmjh10

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
You can park for free near the mall or Fort Snelling and take the light rail to/from downtown:

https://www.metrotransit.org/vikings
Fort Snelling is a great stop. Big parking lot and a easy ride into the city. Literally stops right in front of US Bank stadium (as does all of the light rail stops). But I second the light rail option if you aren't staying in the city and want the cheapest option.

• Informative

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Park down on 5th street next to Inbound Brewery and pay at the meters. Walk two blocks to the lightrail and take it to the stadium.

• Informative

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You can also park in Ramp B (of the ABC ramps) right next to Target Field. You are straight down 5th and light rail from the stadium. You can take either green route or blue route to and from the stadium so there are twice as many trains for you. If it is too busy after the game it is an 11 block walk back to the ramp. When exiting the ramp you can go directly out of the ramp onto 394. Take 394 west to 100 south to 494 east to 35W south. You don't have to drive downtown at all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron