Coaches poll

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Coaches is easily the most useless poll. Guys who are lucky to watch a couple of games a week shouldn't get to weigh in. They usually vote for the name on the front of the jersey or stick to league affiliation.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Coaches is easily the most useless poll. Guys who are lucky to watch a couple of games a week shouldn't get to weigh in. They usually vote for the name on the front of the jersey or stick to league affiliation.

Coaches don't even vote in it. I voted in a basketball coaches poll when I was in college. Well, it wasn't just me. It was a group of us. In our dorm. Drinking. Drinking and voting in the coaches poll. (My roommate was a manager on for the basketball team).

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Only polls that matter are the last ones of the season.
Yep because the TV networks and College Gameday shows think " hmmm what will this team be ranked at the end of the year? oh ok well we better put them on primetime because they are going to be top 10 at end of the year" come on man!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The Coaches Poll is dumb. Love how Nebraska moved up, since they were so dominant against South Alabama. Lol.

Yep. All about the name on the jersey. South Alabama is worse than UNI, but Nebraska gets the 'as long as they win they stay or move up' treatment while we get knocked down.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yep because the TV networks and College Gameday shows think " hmmm what will this team be ranked at the end of the year? oh ok well we better put them on primetime because they are going to be top 10 at end of the year" come on man!

This. The posts saying 'i'm glad we dropped out' are dumb. Ratings bring exposure which can help bring further success in the future. It is a great thing to be consistently considered one of the top games of the week, which is what having that number gets you.