CFP and ISU?

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Clemson
OU
Michigan
Georgia

Alabama not getting in is of course wishful thinking, and any rational person would put them in. I'm hoping they drop 2 in SEC play.

Give me ISU in the Sugar Bowl at 10-3, with a second place finish in conference and loss to OU in the BXII championship

Last edited:

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Really disappointed to see us projected for that bowl. Really hope we fall into the Mobile Alabama Bowl on January 6th. Could you imagine playing in a January 6th bowl? It would be huuuuuge.

#JanuarybowlbetterthanallDecemberbowlgames

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Clemson
Bama
Ohio St.
Georgia

I just don't trust Harbaugh or Jalen Hurts+OU defense. Texas is tempting, but a late season loss to ISU will knock them out of contention :)

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Really disappointed to see us projected for that bowl. Really hope we fall into the Mobile Alabama Bowl on January 6th. Could you imagine playing in a January 6th bowl? It would be huuuuuge.

I'm not sure we'll ever reach that pinnacle as a program. January bowl games are reserved for college football elites like Middle Tennessee State, Georgia Southern and Iowa.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
1. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

2. Georgia
3. Michigan

Clemson over Michigan in the national championship game.

Iowa State plays ALABAMA in the Sugar Bowl.

:D

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Our best shot at a NY6 is to make the conference title game against an Oklahoma team that is in the CFP hunt. If we win, we get the Sugar Bowl autobid. If we lose and Oklahoma makes the playoff, we automatically get the Sugar Bowl as the CCG loser thanks to Big 12 rule.

Say we go 7-2 in conference but have a tiebreaker to finish 2nd - if OU is 12-0 or 11-1, we would still be in solid NY6 territory even with a 9-4 record.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Our best shot at a NY6 is to make the conference title game against an Oklahoma team that is in the CFP hunt. If we win, we get the Sugar Bowl autobid. If we lose and Oklahoma makes the playoff, we automatically get the Sugar Bowl as the CCG loser thanks to Big 12 rule.

Say we go 7-2 in conference but have a tiebreaker to finish 2nd - if OU is 12-0 or 11-1, we would still be in solid NY6 territory even with a 9-4 record.
Is it okay with you if we just go ahead and beat OU in both of those games?

I think you might be setting your sights a shade too low.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Is it okay with you if we just go ahead and beat OU in both of those games?

I think you might be setting your sights a shade too low.

I don't think that my "sights" in terms of hopes or even expectations are tied to my comment about, objectively, the best chance to make an NY6 bowl.

Oklahoma should be an elite team this year and we will play them in their place and again in Dallas if we are lucky, so we won't be expected to win either of those.