ISU vs. UNI - FS1 Streaming Options

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
So apparently the new Fox Sports app does not support TV streaming via Chromecast. Fox Sports Go did, but it prompts you to use the new app which doesn't.

What are my options for streaming this game to my TV on Saturday??

***Edit: You can log in via foxsports.com/live on a laptop and use Chromecast that way. Works pretty good for me!

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
So apparently the new Fox Sports app does not support TV streaming via Chromecast. Fox Sports Go did, but it prompts you to use the new app which doesn't.

My buddy at work found a workaround for that and I don't know what he did. But he got a Fox sports game to play on the work TV from his phone somehow. He mentioned the new app not supporting Chromecast as well.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

You could stream and cast through Chrome instead of the app. Just log in and stream on the fox sports website.

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016

It sounds like you already have a subscription to a tv service, so you may just have to bite the bullet and get one of a fire stick, roku, or any of the other streaming devices to watch the game on your services app. What service do you subscribe to? I know PsVue has casting capability, and I’m sure the others do as well.

DreamyFred21

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2012
Grimes
I tried to watch the Minnesota vs. SDSU game on FS1 last night on a FireTV through a Directv login (on a package that does have FS1), and it wouldn't allow me to stream it. Anyone else have similar issues with FS1 on streaming devices? Trying to get this figured out so I know if I need to figure out other plans for watching tomorrow's game. Never had an issue when it was on the old Fox Sports Go app, only now on the new Fox Sports app. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
My buddy at work found a workaround for that and I don't know what he did. But he got a Fox sports game to play on the work TV from his phone somehow. He mentioned the new app not supporting Chromecast as well.

i wonder if he used android to Samsung screen mirror

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
I tried to watch the Minnesota vs. SDSU game on FS1 last night on a FireTV through a Directv login (on a package that does have FS1), and it wouldn't allow me to stream it. Anyone else have similar issues with FS1 on streaming devices? Trying to get this figured out so I know if I need to figure out other plans for watching tomorrow's game. Never had an issue when it was on the old Fox Sports Go app, only now on the new Fox Sports app. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I was surprised that I could watch the SDSU game last night on Sling. They had blocked Big X games the last year or two. However I imagine they've improved security and only allow 1 stream.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Anyone have advice for someone with no cable? How can I watch the game? I plan to save the Playstation Vue and AppleTv free trials to later this fall for bigger games.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
also if you have a direct tv login it might work to cast through the direct tv app.
or your particular provider may have a chromecast supported app.
i may go that route at that point but cant test till tonight when im on my chromecast network again.

internet says direct tv app supports chromecast

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I've been using a friend's cable login to stream FS1 in the past. Thanks for the heads up on the free trials, that may be a good option to get me through a few weeks when we have games of Fox channels.