Thursday Thesis: UNI Breakdown/Prediction

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
After everyone is done checking out this great new podcast. Jump over and have a listen to my new catpod: The Furrsday CATchup.

• Creative
Reactions: khardbored

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love how excited I am about certain players and then hearing how there's other players that are emerging and may be even better that I had practically forgotten about like Dylan Soehner.

Reactions: isutrevman

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Anybody else unable to download? Link just sends me to forum list...

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
The weather has me nervous. If this game is a slop fest we could see 3 to 4 turnovers for each team. When that happens all bets are off.

Couple that with the ever more preseason expectations going off the rails. Every time we start to feel invinceable.. UNI happens.

Prove me wrong and win by 3 tds

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The weather has me nervous. If this game is a slop fest we could see 3 to 4 turnovers for each team. When that happens all bets are off.

Couple that with the ever more preseason expectations going off the rails. Every time we start to feel invinceable.. UNI happens.

Prove me wrong and win by 3 tds
Find something else to worry about. They've all but taken rain out of the forecast. Saying less than 0.1 inches of rain if anything at all.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I love how excited I am about certain players and then hearing how there's other players that are emerging and may be even better that I had practically forgotten about like Dylan Soehner.
After hearing about Soehner, I went and looked at the roster and saw that Easton Dean is officially listed as a TE. Was this news I missed? I knew he was practicing with them but I thought he was still considered a QB?

• Informative
Reactions: g4ce

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I thought uni/iowa fans were called panther hawks not purple hawks? First time I've head them called purple hawks.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
What I really want out of this game is to see that ISU football is ready to act like one of the big boys in these games that should be won easily. We are getting some great press and fans have stepped up with ticket purchases, so it is time to prove it. For too long, ISU has struggled with these FCS/lower FBS teams - to the point where we are holding out breath in the 4th quarter with the result being a narrow win or even a loss. For as long as I can remember, these games have made me nervous because I knew that we would struggle - look at Drake last year for the most recent example. We shouldn't struggle with these games - I don't care if the team we are playing won the FCS championship the year before, they should not be a threat if we truly are ready to play in the big sandbox. For this game, I want/expect the Clones to put it away early and be able to play some of our depth on both offense and defense in the 4th quarter. Anything less will be somewhat disappointing. Just my opinion.

42-13