Schedule advantage before the game: UI or ISU?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If anybody thinks that JP is going to give the Hawks a scheduling advantage they are totally delusional. Maybe it's not the players, coaches and fans Superbowl but it's sure as hell his.

You’re really ******* stupid

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Going back and forth over who wants to win a game more is ridiculous. But until JP buys billboard space down the road from Stillwater, Norman, or Austin I'm going to have to believe this game holds some extra significance for him. I don't remember an instance where Iowa has ever scheduled a bye so early in the season. What other reason do you believe JP would have for scheduling one several times over the years right before the CYHAWK game?

Doubling down on trying to be the stupidest hawk fan on here is not a good thing. Of course we can’t really expect too much from a guy that has to introduce his mother with hyphen.

Also, the fact that your stupid ass still talks about that billboard shows how much ******* smarter he is than you are.

Also you care more about Iowa State than you do any other team. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be here for the 13th time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Going back and forth over who wants to win a game more is ridiculous. But until JP buys billboard space down the road from Stillwater, Norman, or Austin I'm going to have to believe this game holds some extra significance for him. I don't remember an instance where Iowa has ever scheduled a bye so early in the season. What other reason do you believe JP would have for scheduling one several times over the years right before the CYHAWK game?

How many times has this happened?

Anyway, pretty sure ISU has another bye in November, which is a really nice time if they're in a good spot.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Could be. But for whatever reason when I hear that from our fans it drives me bonkers. It is almost as bad as a sports commentator says "they are within three..." when the reality is they are down by three not within three. I also hate it when people chew loud.

So I have those things going for me :)
I wasn't saying that Matt Campbell is a bad OC either. I just think for him not having a game to maybe get a feel for everything might've been a crutch.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Doubling down on trying to be the stupidest hawk fan on here is not a good thing. Of course we can’t really expect too much from a guy that has to introduce his mother with hyphen.

Also, the fact that your stupid ass still talks about that billboard shows how much ******* smarter he is than you are.

Also you care more about Iowa State than you do any other team. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be here for the 13th time.
Certainly not who you think i am.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I wasn't saying that Matt Campbell is a bad OC either. I just think for him not having a game to maybe get a feel for everything might've been a crutch.
fair enough.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Ok,

So you were just throwing SH** at the walls with the whole bye week theory... Glad we could clear that up.

It’s what makes dumbasses like this retread so pathetic. They create a whole groupthink story to try to make themselves feel better

You shoot hole after hole in their stupidity, and show how their very existence make rational people question Darwin’s theories of evolution. They get all hurt, and lash out like the children they are, and get banned.

Then to show how much they don’t care about us they re register time and again to let us know how much more important they are to us than we are to them.

They’re pathetic

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Probably just once. But I'll bet the old Thursday night game before the CYHAWK game has happen a decent number of times.

Iowa State's season opener was on a Thursday night from 2006-2010. Here are the week two opponents for those years. Your theory doesn't hold much weight...

2006 UNLV
2007 UNI
2008 Kent State
2009 Iowa
2010 Iowa

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Probably just once. But I'll bet the old Thursday night game before the CYHAWK game has happen a decent number of times.

HospitableThinDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Pollard became AD in 2005.

Since that time, the prior week "Thursday trick" you mention happened exactly 2 times (2009 & 2010).

2 out of 14 (14%) is a "decent number of times?" Someone is stretching to validate their own bias.

source: ESPN schedules: https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/66/season/2005

Edit: Bill Brasky beat me to it.

Reactions: VeloClone

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
I don’t care who you are. The fact that this is your 5th-6th-7th name on here, means you’re a ******* worthless insecure loser

I’ve never seen someone get so triggered so frequently in my life. You seem like you have serious anger issues- it’s the Internet dude, it’s not that serious. Relax before you give yourself a heart attack.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Get two weeks of film on Iowa, while only having to produce one week of vanilla game-planning for UNI? All while getting healthy and having an extra week to prepare?

Seems like a clear advantage for the good guys.

I don’t think an extra week of film on Iowa is going to help very much, because 1.) their game plans against Miami OH and Rutgers will be pretty vanilla, and 2.) Iowa doesn’t really do anything scheme wise that would surprise Iowa State. KF’s philosophy is essentially we don’t care if you know what we’re doing, we are going to out-execute you anyways.