Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
It’s been having to suppose to happen the last two weeks now.

There are a lot of different theories being floated around about what is taking so long....the ones that I can remember:

1- Paperwork was submitted much later than what was originally stated
2- NCAA denied it and Iowa appealed
3- NCAA approved and UM/Harbaugh threw a fit and provided more info for them to review
4- NCAA has approved but the B1G also needs to approve and that is still pending

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There are a lot of different theories being floated around about what is taking so long....the ones that I can remember:

3- NCAA approved and UM/Harbaugh threw a fit and provided more info for them to review
4- NCAA has approved but the B1G also needs to approve and that is still pending
It'd be interesting if Harbaugh threw a fit.. Didn't he come out and say and positively comment about Oliver and his decision?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Our baby brothers over on Hokeye Pokey Forum are all up in arms over the rumors of Oliver Martin leaving Michigan and transferring to the hoks. Apparently this isn't quite correct.

Talked with his dad over the weekend: Facts
He loves Michigan.
He's not ever leaving.
If he did, ISU would be his lean more then Iowa.
His field efforts do not out weigh his degree efforts.

Iowa's lack of WR involvement hurt and is still hurting with the newest recruits.
I'm sure this has been brought up, but wow was this bad info.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
It'd be interesting if Harbaugh threw a fit.. Didn't he come out and say and positively comment about Oliver and his decision?

Only comments I remember from Harbaugh were saying he was surprised by the decision to transfer and that Martin was at the top of their depth chart.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny

A few posters on HR are saying he's been cleared to play.

• Agree
Reactions: BLHawk

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD

Why would the B1G have to approve this? Shouldn't NCAA be top approval?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That was a disgusting move by Campbell. Blocking a transfer to Iowa is fine. I get that. But UNI and Drake? Come on.
We play UNI almost every year, and Park was not going to go to a non-scholarship school and pay his way so that's a moot point.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Ruddock was also garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if Kirk pushed him to go there with the hopes Iowa got to play him.

Not only did he not stink, but Harbaugh got him drafted. Yeahbuddy and others actually included him in their Iowa QBs drafted.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not only did he not stink, but Harbaugh got him drafted. Yeahbuddy and others actually included him in their Iowa QBs drafted.
Well that just doesn't count. We don't include Wesley Johnson as ISU players that got drafted..

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Yeah I heard he got the waiver
giphy.gif

Wow. Adding a former 4* top 200 WR this year is pretty good news for Nate. Really impressed this kid was able to get playing time early at The University of Michigan.