New Entrance Song

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
A&M uses Power too, but the intro is edited to be about 3x longer. Sounds so much better and let’s the energy build a lot more.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rap isn't real music!! It takes no talent. I could make a rap album in less than a week if I wanted to. I get the kids like it and it gets them pumped up, but still... It's awful.
This is rich coming from someone who probably listens to death metal.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
This is rich coming from someone who probably listens to death metal.
I have been a musician for many years. And yeah I listen to some death metal, among many other things. Most rappers hire someone to write music for them, and this "music" is done by pushing some buttons on a computer. And a lot of them don't sing, they TALK or mumble into a microphone. To me that is not talent.

You may not like the vocals for death metal, but the music is great and requires talent.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I have been a musician for many years. And yeah I listen to some death metal, among many other things. Most rappers hire someone to write music for them, and this "music" is done by pushing some buttons on a computer. And a lot of them don't sing, they TALK or mumble into a microphone. To me that is not talent.

You may not like the vocals for death metal, but the music is great and requires talent.

Well your comments about hip hop sound like the ones old farts make when they listen to death metal and say "all they do is scream and make noises on guitar!" So congrats, you've become one of those guys.

You must be a pretty close minded musician because there are some people doing some pretty amazing things by "pushing some buttons". And most people who think rapping is easy try it and are laughably bad at.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Rap isn't real music!! It takes no talent. I could make a rap album in less than a week if I wanted to. I get the kids like it and it gets them pumped up, but still... It's awful.
I would bet money you couldn't. Well you could but it would be horse ****.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
what I think would be cool is if we could get maybe a modern/heavy rock version cover of REO Speed Wagon Ridin the Storm Out, or of The Doors Riders on the Storm.
that or I thought this would be a good entrance song too last year.

Reactions: cygrads

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Youngin' here. This is actually pretty good. It's not hype like entry music, but definitely good for when the players are stretching and the diehard students are already in the stands. I read the comments before listening and expected something way worse. I don't even like rap/R&B/whatever similar genres, but I think the students and players will love this.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
The first half is just... terrible. It's like they didn't know what kind of song they wanted to make so they just threw a bunch of stuff together. There's no rhythm, no flow, the lyrics are trash. The second verse is at least ok. And that autotune is straight out of 2006. It'll probably sound a little better drowned out in bass in the stadium though

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
"Mr. Wallace, I was stunned. I remember that run."

Wish I had time to transcribe all the lyrics. These school/team themed songs are really hard to pull off lyrically, but they did a nice job incorporating specifics to the program. I know it isn't everyone's style, but if it's played once 30 minutes before the game most of you will still be in the lots anyway. Even if you don't like it, you must admit it's awesome having artists like this and Jake McDonough trying to use their skills to benefit the school and program.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
"Mr. Wallace, I was stunned. I remember that run."

Wish I had time to transcribe all the lyrics. These school/team themed songs are really hard to pull off lyrically, but they did a nice job incorporating specifics to the program. I know it isn't everyone's style, but if it's played once 30 minutes before the game most of you will still be in the lots anyway. Even if you don't like it, you must admit it's awesome having artists like this and Jake McDonough trying to use their skills to benefit the school and program.

Yeah it's hard to do a themed song like this without it being overly corny, and I agree it's fine to do during warmups. If it is the entrance song though... ehhhh

• Agree
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
It paces about the same as Rockstar (Post Malone). Good stretching music. Agree with others that entrance music not that important. Keep the weather alert buzzer and the siren. That’s the fun part of the entrance.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Well your comments about hip hop sound like the ones old farts make when they listen to death metal and say "all they do is scream and make noises on guitar!" So congrats, you've become one of those guys.

You must be a pretty close minded musician because there are some people doing some pretty amazing things by "pushing some buttons". And most people who think rapping is easy try it and are laughably bad at.

I have done rap before and it was extremely easy. I had a nerd rap parody group called Run PHD and we did Straight Outta Princeton. Is was pretty cool.

I kinda got bored with death metal because the newer stuff isn't great and it all sounds alike. I mostly listen to classic rock and metal from the 80's and 90's. The only rap I got into was Wu-Tang. They actually make good music. Most hip hop today is made with a program called Fruity Loops. It's very easy and anyone can do it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron