UNI names its starting QB for next week

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Really?

He's just a local kid in college doing the best he can, and we have to resort to name calling? I'll never understand that. FWIW.... I also don't understand all the making fun of Stanley for is size either. These are just college kids doing the best they can, and most of them are also top notch people too that are doing more than most of us as far as charity work, etc on top of being full time students and playing a sport at the college level. Most are really good kids.

I only posted the pic because he doesn't fit your prototypical profile of a starting college QB, whereas some of the others in the pic do. But as I said, the same could be said of Purdy too.

4efe45922df71f7e0aca93aab08a7791.png

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So probably not much film on the kid. He may give ISU fits to start but hopefully some adjustments take care of things.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Real good athlete. A bit under sized (5-11 200ish). Strong kid.

For Farley to actually name a starter when he's had a competition going on is VERY unusual for him, must have won the job by leaps and bounds.

Only kid in the history of 4A football in Iowa to throw for 2000 and run for 1000 in the same season.

Probably only keeping the seat warm for true frosh Justin Fomby in the long run but he he'll be just fine.

FUN FACT: He was all set to go to Iowa State as a preferred walk on until UNI came with a scholarship.

Other than this kid who else on UNI will be some of the better players that will play for them? Also heard UNI had a massive Oline?

Reactions: isutrevman

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
So, 3 years ago, there was a similar "who is UNI gonna start at QB?" thread on here. One of the possibilities was RSo Eli Dunne (a former student of mine from Grinnell HS). His dad was the ex-AD at the high school and I am good friends with him. During the week leading up to that game, he told some of our HS staff that Farley indicated to Eli that he would be starting (but said nothing to reporters). I even shared this "inside info" on this site. Turned out NOT to be true.
So, here's what I think could happen on the 31st. McinPain will truly start the game, but then on the second series (or sometime shortly after that) we will see a different QB to try to throw different looks at our defense. This is NOT insider info - just trying to think why Farley might have announced the starter so early.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
That kind of surprises me. Out of these QBs at UNI, which one would you think would be their starter?

AR-190819795.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

But as we all know very well at ISU.... size isn't everything. Purdy isn't much bigger at all.

I'll go with the little guy with the BOLD hair stylings....

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
After two series, UNI sees the base D, bring out their ‘starter’.

ISU by 24.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Other than this kid who else on UNI will be some of the better players that will play for them? Also heard UNI had a massive Oline?

Offensively, UNI has an All American TE in Briley Moore. Good speed, physical, probably an NFL guy. Lots of long receivers led by Jaylin James, Isaiah Weston, Jalen Rima and Logan Wolf. Very good slot guy in Deion McShane that would have been a P5 guy if he wasn't 5-6 160.

Offensive Line is huge-
LT- Matthew VanderSlice 6-8 290 Soph
LG- Jackson Scott-Brown 6-4 320 Sr (Will be drafted)
C- Mason Neisen 6-5 340 Soph
RG- Nick Ellis 6-4 325 Jr
RT- Spencer Brown 6-9 320 Jr

Running back is the question mark. Trevor Allen is the only one with any real experience. Alphonso Soko, Tyler Hoosman and Minnesota transfer Nick McCabe may/should also get touches.

Defensively, two very good tackles in Tim Butcher and Jared Brinkman. Elerson Smith is a pass rusher that will start at one end, the other end will be by committee.

Linebackers are inexperienced. All American Chris Kolarevic has missed all of camp with a foot injury and I don't expect him to play. They'll start Jr Alfonso Lambert, JUCO Spencer Cuvelier and Soph Bryce Flater.

Secondary anchored by All American corner Xavior Williams. Looks like it'll be True Freshman Omar Brown at the other corner. Not sure what the plan is at safety. Lots of different guys there. We'll see.

This is probably your typical 8 or 9 win Mark Farley team that will be real physical, good defensively and won't beat themselves.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Really?

He's just a local kid in college doing the best he can, and we have to resort to name calling? I'll never understand that. FWIW.... I also don't understand all the making fun of Stanley for is size either. These are just college kids doing the best they can, and most of them are also top notch people too that are doing more than most of us as far as charity work, etc on top of being full time students and playing a sport at the college level. Most are really good kids.

I only posted the pic because he doesn't fit your prototypical profile of a starting college QB, whereas some of the others in the pic do. But as I said, the same could be said of Purdy too.

Well he plays for an opponent so quite frankly I don't care where he is from or how good of a person he may be, he is the enemy.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
These are the kinds of games I feel so much better going into with CMC vs CPR.

It's to a point where it would be pretty shocking if ISU rolled out there and lost Saturday. Not saying it can't happen, but there's genuine momentum in the program right now.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Offensively, UNI has an All American TE in Briley Moore. Good speed, physical, probably an NFL guy. Lots of long receivers led by Jaylin James, Isaiah Weston, Jalen Rima and Logan Wolf. Very good slot guy in Deion McShane that would have been a P5 guy if he wasn't 5-6 160.

Offensive Line is huge-

Running back is the question mark. Trevor Allen is the only one with any real experience. Alphonso Soko, Tyler Hoosman and Minnesota transfer Nick McCabe may/should also get touches.

Defensively, two very good tackles in Tim Butcher and Jared Brinkman. Elerson Smith is a pass rusher that will start at one end, the other end will be by committee.

Linebackers are inexperienced. All American Chris Kolarevic has missed all of camp with a foot injury and I don't expect him to play. They'll start Jr Alfonso Lambert, JUCO Spencer Cuvelier and Soph Bryce Flater.

Secondary anchored by All American corner Xavior Williams. Looks like it'll be True Freshman Omar Brown at the other corner. Not sure what the plan is at safety. Lots of different guys there. We'll see.

This is probably your typical 8 or 9 win Mark Farley team that will be real physical, good defensively and won't beat themselves.

Agree with this above. As usual, UNI does have some good talent in certain areas, just not as good as ISU, not as deep as ISU, and the most important position on the field (QB) is a big question mark for them.

That OL for UNI is massive though.... much bigger than ours. But if you're too big and aren't quick on your feet, that's an issue.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

Offensive Line is huge-

Fun fact, Nick Ellis and I were HS tennis doubles partners. One match away from state!

Help Support Us

Become a patron