Even the OSU writers want Campbell gone.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
OSU wouldn't be very shiny if it wasn't for T Boone $$$$$

Yeah, you'd think a school that is probably more 'in the middle of nowhere' and in a (imo) less attractive state would understand that coaches can and do stay in places like that.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Nice take on Baylor, ha ha!

I would contribute to the Miles statue in Waco if they go back to the basement where they belong. I still think we're somehow responsible for part of the BU turnaround, giving them their first B12 road victory in 2005. I've mostly blocked that game out, the 2 fumbles are fuzzy in my memory...

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
His logic is flawed, if Campbell wanted to bolt, why do it 2 seasons AFTER two of your best players leave for the NFL? If that was his plan, he should have left this year. You should probably take down the link and the thread, no sense in pumping up this guys clicks. Total garbage.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The narrative that Iowa State is a stepping stone for coaches is so over used. Sure, the Chiz left after two years but when he was hired EVERYONE knew he was a short term stay. The last freakin coach to leave for greener pastures was Earl Bruce back in what, 1978? I seriously don't understand why this is even a thing. You can argue that Iowa State has had a lot of misses but the stepping stone narrative is dumb and over used.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
OSU wouldn't be very shiny if it wasn't for T Boone $$$$$

And some of that shine is coming off of Mike Gundy. He might be past his window since he's no longer a MAN of 40.
They haven't had quite the offensive magic they used to.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Bold strategy for Okie Lite writer to call out ISU for being a stepping stone. Let's review a history of the last few OSU coaches:
Johnson - used OSU as a stepping stone
Jones - Miss
Simmons - Miss
Miles - used OSU as a stepping stone
Gundy - OSU alum

So in the past four decades their coaches can be classified as failures, guys that used OSU as a stepping stone, and a guy that is an alum.

T Boone $ or not, they are going to realize as soon as Gundy leaves that OSU is not that attractive a job.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This writer is most likely part of the group that went on and on about how Iowa State would be sorry for firing Dan McCarney.
With CMC's continuing success, the opposing Big12 fans are crying 'Stay in your lane bro'.