MLB: ***Official 2019 St. Louis Cardinals Season Thread***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Their pitching staff is in a hurt locker. On the other hand: Aranado cements his reputation as the best 3rd baseman in baseball. He reminds me of the impact Pujols had at that age.

Need to just come around to the fact that Colorado will never have any good pitching. Miracle we found back to back postseasons. Good luck to you guys. Finish the job and win your division.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The Rockies won 91 games last season? So what happened?

Jekyll and Hyde season. Got off to rough start at 3-12. Slowly got to .500 at one point we were 6 games above .500. Lost last 6 prior to all star break and never recovered. Freeland who was a cy young finalist last year has struggled this year and was demoted to to minors for awhile. Wade Davis melted down this year and was removed from closer role.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Birds on a roll! Super important road swing to Milwaukee this week (I guess every game is important at this point). Great opportunity to create a bit of separation. Also, at the risk or jinxing it all, as of the end of games on Sunday, the Cardinals are the favorite to win the Central for the first time in a long time (possibly all season)! As recently as August 8th, the Cardinals had around a 15% chance to win the division.

Finally, I was at ****'s with my daughter yesterday getting her new shin guards for Soccer. I've been wanting to pick up a Goldschmidt jersey all year, but was unwilling to spend $120. For whatever reason, ****'s had some of the official Majestic jerseys marked down almost 50% and I happened to find a white Goldschmidt. So, the shopping trip became shin guards, soccer ball, AND Goldschmidt jersey! Go Birds!

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Birds continue to play very well - great weekend set against the Reds winning 3 of 4. Took the kids to one of the games on Saturday. Brewers appear out of it at this point. I figure if the Cards can win 17 of the final 25, they look good to win the division. At that rate, the Cubs would have to win 20 just to tie. The Cubs have a bit easier schedule, but have an 8 game road trip coming up, with 4 in Milwaukee and 4 in San Diego. If they can lose 4 of those, that would help.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Birds continue to play very well - great weekend set against the Reds winning 3 of 4. Took the kids to one of the games on Saturday. Brewers appear out of it at this point. I figure if the Cards can win 17 of the final 25, they look good to win the division. At that rate, the Cubs would have to win 20 just to tie. The Cubs have a bit easier schedule, but have an 8 game road trip coming up, with 4 in Milwaukee and 4 in San Diego. If they can lose 4 of those, that would help.

Would sure be nice if they could pull off a division win despite the odds. Brewers seem to be having the problems everyone thought they would: their pitching is fading. They used Hader like crazy last year and it worked...this year he's fading fast.

Cubs are getting some players back from IL and Zobrist at a key time. I hope the Cards pitching, especially Flahrety and Hudson, can stay hot. They're playing meaningful baseball down the stretch, which is always a fun thing!

Reactions: TheHelgo

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Martinez just gives everyone a heart attack when he comes into the game, we have a loaded bullpen except for him. Its either he is great or he sucks. You cannot walk the first man you face in the 9th. Million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain. If I was Mo, after the year is done, I would move him.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Martinez has pitched very well for them since Hicks went down. I hope Martinez earns his way back to the rotation next year with Gallegos or Brebbia as the closer. A lot easier to find relievers than starters.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Watching Martinez pitch kills me. The due can crank it up to 100 mph yet seems to walk 1-2 batters every outing. I just knew he was at least going to put the tying run on base last night. Though I expected he would close it out after getting the first out.

Please don't put him in any critical situations. Time to make him a 6th/7th inning arm and let the real pitchers handle the big-boy roles.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Watching Martinez pitch kills me. The due can crank it up to 100 mph yet seems to walk 1-2 batters every outing. I just knew he was at least going to put the tying run on base last night. Though I expected he would close it out after getting the first out.

Please don't put him in any critical situations. Time to make him a 6th/7th inning arm and let the real pitchers handle the big-boy roles.

What's the plan on him next year? His stuff is amazing if he could just control it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron