Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Every day I notice that the common social standards that most people go by are not a thing passed down in the in laws family. Especially eating.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Partially (about the one thing they will remember to do occasionally). Watched the wife’s parents, her siblings and her nephews and nieces all do the same thing. Once done eating, they will have a food outline of whatever they ate on, have some on the floor around them and always be wearing some. (Her brother had to speak at an athletic banquet and nobody knows what he said because he had chunks of food stuck to his face).

I think I figured out why, they hold their utensils in the “shovel it in” style with their elbows on the table And kinda wrapped around their food.

That’s kind of the funny parts, and only related to eating.

Try to remember where I was, daughter just came home and I had to discuss not doing something that is considered improper.

Licking fingers grosses me out, one small part of why I do t like shaking hands, who knows where they have been before I shake them.

Enough with my peeves.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Partially (about the one thing they will remember to do occasionally). Watched the wife’s parents, her siblings and her nephews and nieces all do the same thing. Once done eating, they will have a food outline of whatever they ate on, have some on the floor around them and always be wearing some. (Her brother had to speak at an athletic banquet and nobody knows what he said because he had chunks of food stuck to his face).

I think I figured out why, they hold their utensils in the “shovel it in” style with their elbows on the table And kinda wrapped around their food.

That’s kind of the funny parts, and only related to eating.

Try to remember where I was, daughter just came home and I had to discuss not doing something that is considered improper.

Licking fingers grosses me out, one small part of why I do t like shaking hands, who knows where they have been before I shake them.

Enough with my peeves.

I understand and agree. However, if you were to come to our tailgate, I hope you would accept a beverage from me. :)

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I truly don't understand the people that say prohm didn't inherit a stacked roster. It doesn't belittle his accomplishments to admit having 6 NBA players was helpful

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I truly don't understand the people that say prohm didn't inherit a stacked roster. It doesn't belittle his accomplishments to admit having 6 NBA players was helpful

I was more amazed that Dexter managed to turn a thread about Fat Stanley into basketball coaching pissing contest, it was quite the thread derailment LOL.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just heard neighbors air conditioner kick in. It's 68 degrees out right now after a rain storm rolled through, dew point is in the 50's. Weird to have A/C running. They are the most indoor people ever.

Same rain storm I did not beat home biking. Bike's all dirt and gritty and I got a nice skunk stripe. Poopie ride but did see a very low flying bald eagle at tree top level soaring over the trail.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Just heard neighbors air conditioner kick in. It's 68 degrees out right now after a rain storm rolled through, dew point is in the 50's. Weird to have A/C running. They are the most indoor people ever.

Same rain storm I did not beat home biking. Bike's all dirt and gritty and I got a nice skunk stripe. Poopie ride but did see a very low flying bald eagle at tree top level soaring over the trail.
We've had our windows open all day. No one else in our hood does. I'm shocked.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Havent had air on for most of this month, its been glorious.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I dearly love having the windows open when the nights are cool...but When it isn't too humid, there's too much pollen. I won't be leaving windows open for probably another month. :(

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We've had our windows open all day. No one else in our hood does. I'm shocked.

I wore long sleeves biking. As windy as it was it felt cool to me.

Now if it would just stop raining for 20 minutes or so than I can sneak out onto the deck and grill this pork tenderloin that's been setting on my counter for an hour. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron