Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Big Ten released their conference schedule today. Iowa has a rough stretch where they may only win a game or two.

Texas Tech
Creighton/San Diego St
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
Minnesota
@ Iowa State

Wow, Iowa finally has a difficult schedule. We'll see how they do now that they won't get 10 or 11 wins in the non conference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No real downside, plus Tech lost a ton, they might not be hitting on all cylinders by then. Probably the best time to catch them.

And if Iowa beats them they'll see it somehow as relating to last season and that they're *this* close to a natty.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
And if Iowa beats them they'll see it somehow as relating to last season and that they're *this* close to a natty.

I remember Iowa beat Virginia in the NIT. Their fans thought it was possible for them to rise to the level Virginia did a year or two later. "It can be done".

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I’m excited to see an Iowa team with a running style coach that has multiple guards who are consistent threats to get in the lane. Don’t know what that will mean as far as wins, because it’s not happened before in Fran’s tenure. But excited nonetheless, and cautiously optimistic that it could be a trend.

Uh, I have a question.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I’m excited to see an Iowa team with a running style coach that has multiple guards who are consistent threats to get in the lane.
Well, they are "threats" to get into the lane - but whether or not they actually can, or if they are even able to do anything once they get there, is another matter.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Any sightings of Foster in IC last weekend? Oops sorry, I guess he was in the stands at the ISU game with fellas from the Cyclone basketball team. Keep wondering if he will show up at Iowa this weekend for his scheduled visit.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Any sightings of Foster in IC last weekend? Oops sorry, I guess he was in stands at the ISU game with fellas from the Cyclone basketball team. Keep wondering if he will show up at Iowa this weekend for his scheduled visit.

He'll go to Iowa for a visit as a courtesy to the second tier in state basketball program

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
Any sightings of Foster in IC last weekend? Oops sorry, I guess he was in stands at the ISU game with fellas from the Cyclone basketball team. Keep wondering if he will show up at Iowa this weekend for his scheduled visit.

Foster is taking his OV to Iowa for the PSU game in mid-October. I havent seen that he has an unofficial scheduled for this weekend to Iowa.

Should be an electric atmosphere inside Historic Kinnick Stadium.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Foster is taking his OV to Iowa for the PSU game in mid-October. I havent seen that he has an unofficial scheduled for this weekend to Iowa.

Should be an electric atmosphere inside Historic Kinnick Stadium.
I am sure Kinnick is always electric. What in the match up makes it electric? Not saying it isn't, just wondering what about Rutgers will make this atmosphere special?

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I am sure Kinnick is always electric. What in the match up makes it electric? Not saying it isn't, just wondering what about Rutgers will make this atmosphere special?

Foster is not visiting Iowa this weekend. His OV is the weekend of the night game against PSU in mid- October.