Logo Brands Tailgating Tent

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Found a Logo Brands tent at sams club that looks great but I am curious what people’s experience with their build quality and durability is. Right now we have a plain white EZ-Up that seems to be sturdy so we would be comparing it to that.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Found a Logo Brands tent at sams club that looks great but I am curious what people’s experience with their build quality and durability is. Right now we have a plain white EZ-Up that seems to be sturdy so we would be comparing it to that.
We have one and have been happy with it. Case it came in fell apart after a couple seasons, but no issues with tent.

Reactions: wxman1

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We have had ours for ten years its weathered but works, the bag it comes in went to **** about 5 years ago but thats a pretty good run.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm thinking about adding one or two of those tents to our gear. The ones at Sam's Club have a few nice features, such as canvas that extends beyond the square formed by the posts, so you get extra coverage with less hardware. The one on display at the Ames Sam's Club looked pretty good to me. Logo is a trustworthy brand.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We tried them several years back. It broke first use, took it back and next did the same. Went and spent a fraction of the price on a Walmart one and it lasted 7-8 years.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think I read the thread title wrong.
maxresdefault.jpg

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I have gone through 3 Logo brand tents over the last 10 years. The bags just plain suck, no two ways about that. We went to an army surplus store and bought a canvas bag for 10 bucks, improved the situation a ton.
You really have to be careful taking them down, the metal on the sides of the top of the tent will bend and break in the corners if you try to force them down.
We purchased a nicer version of this tent 3 years ago, and its been great. Got the tent, all the sides and case for around $1,000. All the sides zip together, so no air gets in, throw a heater in ours and even on the coldest games we are down to sweatshirts. Expensive but love it.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Shelter...sition-Adjustable-Steel-Frame-22537/206369130

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
We have a Logo, decent tent. I like that I’ve been able to get parts without too much hassle, when it did break (once in the wind, once when some from our tailgate crew were “helping” and forced the frame into the bag...) Great customer service, too - when they didn’t have cross members for sale, the CSR called down to the warehouse and had a frame torn down into parts to fill my order. On our 2nd or 3rd bag, they’re not great.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Scheel's seems to have a decent deal on them right now. They are $150, grey frame, button press for both top and legs. If I get two years out of any pop-up tent, then I'm happy. I could not give a **** less about how the bag holds up. After the first use, I stop using the bag.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Scheel's seems to have a decent deal on them right now. They are $150, grey frame, button press for both top and legs. If I get two years out of any pop-up tent, then I'm happy. I could not give a **** less about how the bag holds up. After the first use, I stop using the bag.

We got that model at Sams for the same price. Set it up yesterday and one of the collapsible arms was missing the bolt to connect it to the leg so I sent them a message today.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I bought an ISU 10x20 tent quite a few years ago and it is awesome. The frame is starting to take a crap which worries me. I did see that Walmart has cheaper ones for $200.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
We got that model at Sams for the same price. Set it up yesterday and one of the collapsible arms was missing the bolt to connect it to the leg so I sent them a message today.

I better first-set mine up, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We've been through a few pop up tents over the years and quality wise they kind of are what they are. As long as you either stake it or weight it down and put it up/take it down properly you will get several years out of them. The wind is what will destroy these things but with proper reinforcement they hold up pretty well.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
http://deltacanopy.com/red-10x10-pop-up-tent-with-4-sidewalls-f-model-upgraded-frame/

Have had this one for 10 years now. Made concrete PVC tubes and hang them off bungee cords for anchors along with tent anchors. We've been out in every game with this. Starting to show it's age but still a great canopy with sides! Love having the windows on two of the sides. Having a group of people makes set up fast and easy!

View attachment 65896

Well, duh on the group of people. ;) We (two of us) go early to get our spot. Everyone else meanders in later.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I just bought the Pagoda one from them a few weeks ago. Build quality seems decent, though the bag is already falling apart. :confused:

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
We got about 6 years out of our first ISU (Sams club) tent. This year we got a fresh one, and it looks much bigger with the extra coverage as noted above, hope it still fits like normal in "our spot". I also think the new buttons to raise and lower the four legs seemed bulky and fragile on the new one, but the previous tent treated us very well, so do feel got about the new one.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Well, duh on the group of people. ;) We (two of us) go early to get our spot. Everyone else meanders in later.

I've put it up by myself a couple of times, felt like I had walked about five miles after going to each corner umpteen times!! Firs tto get it spread out, next get the legs up, and then get the top locked in. We have 10 x 20 so it is a challenge.

Why is it when people put their sides on that they have a foot gap at the bottom? Most canopies have different height setting and plus people's feet get colder first. Just funny watching people trying to put sides up whether they are a side that fits or a tarp they are trying to wrap around it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron