NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

I wonder if this will be the only Star Wars news. Probably. It would be nice to get some tidbits on some of the other projects out there or even a TROS trailer but it seems doubtful.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008

I wonder if it will be the same trailer that they hid from the live stream at Celebration.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow. The Mandalorian trailer looks like what I've been dreaming of since I was a four year old kid playing with my Empire Strikes Back toys in the early 80s. Incredible stuff.

How'd they get inside my brain and give me exactly what I wanted?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Wow. The Mandalorian trailer looks like what I've been dreaming of since I was a four year old kid playing with my Empire Strikes Back toys in the early 80s. Incredible stuff.

Great cinematography. What’s really impressive is that Pedro Pascal (he’s playing the Mandalorian) drips with charisma in every scene he is in (notably The Kingsmen sequel and Game of Thrones), yet they didn’t show his face or have any of his voice-over at all. Not only will I be getting Disney+ but now I’m more excited for the Rogue One-spin-off series and the quality expected from the MCU series.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
This looks dope. I can’t believe how far TV production quality has jumped in the past decade, it’s truly incredible.

There’s no such thing as too much Star Wars, but I wonder if these SW TV shows will take the luster off of the feature films a tad. This show looks that promising.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Looks amazing! IG-88 sighting... or at least an IG series droid! Awesome! So pumped!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
giphy.gif

Love it! This show alone may make me a subscriber.

• Funny
Reactions: BryceC

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Posted this on the MCU thread already, but it is equally valid here as well:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-preorder-disney-plus-for-less-than-4-a-month-1837621368

Here is a crazy good deal to lock in Disney+ to anyone interested for 3 years at only $3.94/month
($140.97 total). This was a deal on Disney+ originally offered only for people who attended the D23 event in Anaheim this past week. Now, for a very short limited time, it is offered to anyone who signs up for any D23 account, even the free one. I did it and already and it worked well, but you've got to sign up for your D23 account by September 1st to have access to the deal, so you need to move fast. There was so much interest in this deal when it first launched that it crashed the D23 servers for a day almost.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Thanks Trigger!

I'll say this about Mandalorian/Obi-Wan/RoS, I'm honestly extremely excited for the immediate future of Star Wars, to be frank much moreso than Marvel stuff.

I'd say I'm more consistently excited about the Marvel stuff, but more high (Mandalorian, Obi-Wan) and low (Episode 9) excited about Star Wars stuff.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019...e-awakens-george-lucas-disappointed-bob-iger/

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019...ayed-sequel-trilogy-wouldnt-follow-his-plots/

Disney CEO Bob Iger has recently released a book where he details George Lucas's disappointing reaction to The Force Awakens and Disney's reluctance to follow his vision and scripts for the new trilogy. While a lot of this could have been pieced together through the years through different interviews and rumors, it is interesting to hear Iger talk about it outright.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019...e-awakens-george-lucas-disappointed-bob-iger/

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019...ayed-sequel-trilogy-wouldnt-follow-his-plots/

Disney CEO Bob Iger has recently released a book where he details George Lucas's disappointing reaction to The Force Awakens and Disney's reluctance to follow his vision and scripts for the new trilogy. While a lot of this could have been pieced together through the years through different interviews and rumors, it is interesting to hear Iger talk about it outright.

WOW, I'm glad Disney trashed it:

Lucas commented on his plans for the sequels in 2018. As Lucas told it, the trilogy was “going to get into a microbiotic world,” exploring a “world of creatures that operate differently than we do.”

“I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force,” Lucas said. “If I’d held onto the company I could have done it, and then it would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did [Episode I of Lucas’ prequel trilogy] Phantom Menace and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
WOW, I'm glad Disney trashed it:

Lucas commented on his plans for the sequels in 2018. As Lucas told it, the trilogy was “going to get into a microbiotic world,” exploring a “world of creatures that operate differently than we do.”

“I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force,” Lucas said. “If I’d held onto the company I could have done it, and then it would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did [Episode I of Lucas’ prequel trilogy] Phantom Menace and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”
Every time George talks he further proves the infinite monkey theorum.