Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I actually think people are way overrating Tech right now. Beard is a great coach but the guys they are returning have only been role guys and it’s tough for freshman to play as efficiently in Beard’s system as he wants.

Tech reloaded by getting grad transfers C. Clark and TJ Holyfield. I won't bet against Beard, he had a lot of the same roster questions last year and played in the NC game. Goodman just talked to him about his foreign trip.

Texas Tech’s Chris Beard on team’s Bahamas trip:

Standout:

Game 1: Davide Moretti and Va Tech grad transfer Chris Clarke
Game 2: Freshman Jahmi’us Ramsey
Game 3: Grad transfer TJ Holyfield
Surprise: “Maturity of our 7 freshmen.”
Concern: Inexperience

On Stephen F. Austin grad transfer TJ Holyfield:
“He’s so skilled, he just needs to shake the rust off. Kyle (Keller) did a great job with him. He’s much more than just a big; he’s as skilled of a forward as we’ve had here.”
Chris Beard also went out of his way to mention that sophomore guard Kyler Edwards, who was more of a spot-up guy last season, has really expanded his game.
“He’s much more of a playmaker now.”
On Chris Clarke:
“He may be the best rebounding guard I’ve ever coached. … He was very good at Virginia Tech, but we play different. I think he’ll get a chance to show what a great passer he is.”
Beard also expects Clarke to guard the 1 thru 4.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I will bet Fran is getting some every night from maggie. Accidentally or otherwise, he has insured that Connor will get maximum minutes. All she really wanted.
In a seriousness where did this line of mocking them come from? I am not evening questioning this may be the case. Where did it come from though?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I must confess that I would be shocked. He seems like a through and through Hawk.

His other brother ended up playing at Wisconsin, Had Wisconsin offered out of HS, I believe he would have been a Badger.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
In a seriousness where did this line of mocking them come from? I am not evening questioning this may be the case. Where did it come from though?

Thought it was pretty obvious but let me try to paint it in as positive light as possible.

Margaret McCaffrey is very passionate when it comes to watching the men in the family play basketball. We have evidence of this from some reported incidents where she, uh, let's say, stood out in the crowd 'cheering' during Connor's and Patrick's games. I just figured that she would be just as passionate in dealing with Fran now that he had gotten Connor the starting job at PG.

It also explains, I think to a much greater degree than most will admit, why Fran has been so resistant to recruiting a real, B1G caliber PG.

Although now that I spell it out this way, it is not nearly as impressive or offensive as my original post.

Damn you.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Thought it was pretty obvious but let me try to paint it in as positive light as possible.

Margaret McCaffrey is very passionate when it comes to watching the men in the family play basketball. We have evidence of this from some reported incidents where she, uh, let's say, stood out in the crowd 'cheering' during Connor's and Patrick's games. I just figured that she would be just as passionate in dealing with Fran now that he had gotten Connor the starting job at PG.

It also explains, I think to a much greater degree than most will admit, why Fran has been so resistant to recruiting a real, B1G caliber PG.

Although now that I spell it out this way, it is not nearly as impressive or offensive as my original post.

Damn you.
That makes it funnier now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Naz could have played 5 times in that series, but he didn't see any action against Iowa his freshman year.
How disappointing for a young man in college. No action whatsoever? 3esus seemed to have tons of game. :)

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Big Ten released their conference schedule today. Iowa has a rough stretch where they may only win a game or two.

Texas Tech
Creighton/San Diego St
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
Minnesota
@ Iowa State

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Big Ten released their conference schedule today. Iowa has a rough stretch where they may only win a game or two.

Texas Tech
Creighton/San Diego St
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
Minnesota
@ Iowa State

If I were a hok, other than hanging myself, I would sign up for 1 win in that group right now. They better hope they don't get slobberknocked in all those games.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Texas Tech
Creighton/San Diego St
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
Minnesota
@ Iowa State

I forgot they play Cincy in Chicago after our game.