Game rewatch 2018 - TCU

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

This game was just entertaining as hell. I think the Pre-Brock era of 2018 is being lost to memory but this game was great fun.

Some highlights:

-The General nastiness of the defense. 2019 is going to be crazy on that side of the ball

-Just watch Mike Rose during the first two or three defensive series.

-Datrone targets Turpin and knocks him out of the game

-Nwangwu nice return

- tCU TE attempts to hurdle Payne and Payne stands him up, causes a fumble, and the TE gets crushed by two other ISU defenders and we recover the fumble (announcer comments “(The TCU TE should stop watching so much TV”

-Noland scrambles for first down on 3rd & 25

-Montgomery’s series of 5 or 6 straight carries after the long first down pickup

-Julian Good Jones pukes live on TV

-Braxton Lewis plays well 2nd half

-Eisworth blows up TCU QB

-It’s amazing to see how much experience we have in depth for 2019.

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

This game was just entertaining as hell. I think the Pre-Brock era of 2018 is being lost to memory but this game was great fun.

Some highlights:

-The General nastiness of the defense. 2019 is going to be crazy on that side of the ball

-Just watch Mike Rose during the first two or three defensive series.

-Datrone targets Turpin and knocks him out of the game

-Nwangwu nice return

- tCU TE attempts to hurdle Payne and Payne stands him up, causes a fumble, and the TE gets crushed by two other ISU defenders and we recover the fumble (announcer comments “(The TCU TE should stop watching so much TV”

-Noland scrambles for first down on 3rd & 25

-Montgomery’s series of 5 or 6 straight carries after the long first down pickup

-Julian Good Jones pukes live on TV

-Braxton Lewis plays well 2nd half

-Eisworth blows up TCU QB

-It’s amazing to see how much experience we have in depth for 2019.

Didn't we lose this game?

L

LincolnWay187

I was at this game. Most boring and disappointing football game ever given what we thought isu could do.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I was at this game. Most boring and disappointing football game ever given what we thought isu could do.

Yeah it was not riveting football.

Without searching, I’m quite certain there were a lot of “fans” concerned about the job Matt Campbell was doing at that time.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Yeah it was not riveting football.

Without searching, I’m quite certain there were a lot of “fans” concerned about the job Matt Campbell was doing at that time.

Oh look, Cat is questioning people’s fandom again. Shocker. Lol