College Gameday in Ames?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm so tired of this narrative. It is a five minute jog from my front door to the Welcome to Naperville sign. You would be amazed at the number of I-State decals on cars, I-State flags flying from porches. Kids around here like ISU. Daughter confirms it. Lots of her fellow students are taking visits, and are enrolling.

Basically, if you hate Iowa because of the Western Chicago Suburbs kids, then you also hate Iowa State.

One of the first guys I met (and was friends with for the first couple of years before we lost touch) at my orientation was from Naperville. That was in 1997, and his story wasn’t uncommon even back then.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's not a Bye week. It's just an Idle.
Yes, that is correct. I have given up that battle. You might as well explain to a group of teenagers that they are using the word "literally" in literally the exact opposite way to what it means. Everyone uses it wrong even "journalists" these days.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I graduated from ISU in the early 90s and sent 2 kids through there, you dumbass. Unlike you, I have ONE team.

No clue why you think I'm a bandwagoner. Don't care either.
Congrats. You are one of those parents that send their kids to your college instead of letting them pick where they want to go. Also sounds like it’s really paid off for you

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Back on topic... I just hope ESPN does give this game a shot so the rest of the country can see what a great rivalry it is.

It seems like the rest of the country always makes fun of the entire state of Iowa all the time. I think if they brought GameDay here they wouldn't regret it and would be amazed at how big of a game this is. And Iowa State would really be able to show off what a great game day atmosphere they have.... one of the better ones in the country.... with some of the best tailgating you'll find anywhere.

I think people around the country that tuned in would be expecting a boring show, a small stadium, terrible tailgating, etc, etc..... and they would come away pretty shocked at how great of a setting ISU is.... and what a great rivalry game this is too.

*Just have to hope a bunch of drunk tavern hawks don't show up and make the state look like a bunch of redneck hicks.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
One of the first guys I met (and was friends with for the first couple of years before we lost touch) at my orientation was from Naperville. That was in 1997, and his story wasn’t uncommon even back then.

I was a freshman in 08, every time someone would tell me they were from Chicago I would respond with "Oh so you're from Naperville?" More often than not they were actually from there and would be baffled. Good times.

• Funny
Reactions: psychlone99

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Congrats. You are one of those parents that send their kids to your college instead of letting them pick where they want to go. Also sounds like it’s really paid off for you

WTF are you even talking about? Dear lord.

Are you a troll or just flat-out stupid? (Both is an option)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

dumb-and-dumber-mouth-spray.gif

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and Cydkar

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are a ******* hawk fan, who never went to Iowa. And on your 3rd handle here. Who is pathetic?

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

My sons roommate is from that area.

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
I said it weeks ago that they are coming. My sources are not a no body.

Just my two cents, but seems to me the biggest downside for ESPN is that they would be showcasing a Fox game. Not saying that’s a dealbreaker, but given money seems to drive everything, it will be interesting to see what shakes out. I will enjoy the game regardless and it’s only a matter of time before Gameday comes to Ames. If not this year, it’s not far down the road IMO

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UNI1ISU2