MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Only reason I pointed those out, CyJack, is because I find it weird you proclaim yourself extremely optimistic and positive but since your first post in here, you’ve kind of been a giant turd sandwich.

I also find it weird there are two CyJacks. Can someone please explain what I’m missing? I’m assuming the four digit one was banned for his avatar?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
CyJack2299 has been permabanned.

He was a tool who constantly posted negative **** about the cubs.

Definitely was CyJack13s alt and he’s playing like it wasn’t him

This is a classic moment.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Only reason I pointed those out, CyJack, is because I find it weird you proclaim yourself extremely optimistic and positive but since your first post in here, you’ve kind of been a giant turd sandwich.

I also find it weird there are two CyJacks. Can someone please explain what I’m missing? I’m assuming the four digit one was banned for his avatar?

My first post? Go back to a 2014 Cubs thread and try looking there.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Yeah that’s not me. Explained. Go have a mod check ip addresses on those. Wrong again pal.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Wow look at this one..,failed to build a sustainable franchise hahahhaha

And depleting the farm system.. who cares bro? Right?

First, I would like to apologize for toxifying the thread - I will delete my comments, as they don’t provide any insight to actual Cub stuff.

On this point, I still stand by what I said. The FO stood by a horrible bullpen setup and did nothing productive to improve from the 2018 that had flaws. (No, I’m not saying they were bad, they had huge holes)

By all counts, I think our front office failed this team and is a huge reason for that 44-44 record or whatever was posted earlier. You can have a bad team and a good farm, or a good team and a bad farm, and a fan base should be happy. Cubs had a bad team makeup, and a bad farm, and the FO did nothing to fix that.

Until late July. And I think every glaring hole this team has has been fixed.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Lastly, Jack, I have no issues with you as a human. Sorry if I’ve ever done anything ass holey to you.

I would, however, like to explain why I was frustrated.

I’m ok with negativity (though it gets really ******* old) But there’s a huge difference between negativity and just being an egotistical doucher.

You said the Cubs would be lucky to win “80ish” games.

You said Castellanos is a platoon player.

You said Maddon would be fired by Memorial Day.

And you then have the testicals to say your right all the time and aren’t negative but realistic, when it appears you are the one having a hard time facing reality and realizing hey, you swung and you missed.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Here is an interesting stat:

Brandon Morrow has thrown 488 regular season pitches for the Cubs since last year. He made $18 million the last two years and will likely be bought out for another $3 million so......

$21,000,000/488 pitches = $43,032 per pitch with the Cubs. My teacher salary this year is $42,785—I can’t make this stuff up

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Here is an interesting stat:

Brandon Morrow has thrown 488 regular season pitches for the Cubs since last year. He made $18 million the last two years and will likely be bought out for another $3 million so......

$21,000,000/488 pitches = $43,032 per pitch with the Cubs. My teacher salary this year is $42,785—I can’t make this stuff up
Good work if you can get it

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Lastly, Jack, I have no issues with you as a human. Sorry if I’ve ever done anything ass holey to you.

I would, however, like to explain why I was frustrated.

I’m ok with negativity (though it gets really ******* old) But there’s a huge difference between negativity and just being an egotistical doucher.

You said the Cubs would be lucky to win “80ish” games.

You said Castellanos is a platoon player.

You said Maddon would be fired by Memorial Day.

And you then have the testicals to say your right all the time and aren’t negative but realistic, when it appears you are the one having a hard time facing reality and realizing hey, you swung and you missed.

See this is a good example of why you’re insufferable. My post said they would end up with 80 some wins, which they will. Yet you keep incorrectly quoting it as 80 or 80ish wins but hey this is fun let’s dig into alll your old posts. If we’re gonna derail this this thread let’s do it. I’m not gonna back down to a ***** like you.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If CyJack is liking your posts, you probably said something stupid

See you keep missing the point here. I want the cubs to win at least one more World Series with this incarnation of the core of the roster to validate themselves, as Theo did in Boston.

Anyone can get hot, the twins have two rings 87 and 91. The Royals won in 2015. It can happen. If that happens, no one will be happier than me. My dad lived almost 92 damn years and saw them play in one World Series.

But there is nothing I’m seeing that says their going to make that charge this year. Every time I think they’re going to go on a run, and separate themselves from St. Louis and Milwaukee, they have a road trip that leads to yet another horrendous stretch.

Do you trust the pitching staff to put it together for 6 weeks? Right now, I can’t see it at all.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Do you trust the pitching staff to put it together for 6 weeks? Right now, I can’t see it at all.

Well they’ve managed to muster up the third best ERA in the NL 5 months into the season.

That’s including our projected closer (Morrow) not throwing a single pitch, our backup closer entering the year (Strop) throwing to a 5.40 ERA and our backup backup closer (Edwards) getting shipped after getting shelled.

Am I confident in our bullpen? Not exactly. Braves fans aren’t confident in theirs, either.

But I feel rather confident with Kimbrel closing games, Kintzler or Cishek taking the 8th, Wick has come on really strong. So, I’m optimistic that this continues.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Cubs have lost one game since acquiring Castellanos and having Kimbrel on the active roster.

That one game was Castellanos’ first game.

Now, I’m not saying these two, individually, are worth the 6 wins we have in that 6-1 record

But I am saying we’re now putting our best hitters in their best spots to be productive in the lineup for the first time since 2016, and we can go in with the confidence that if we win the first 8 innings, our closer can win the 9th.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
My guess is we will see a position player pitching tonight for an inning or two. Not worth wasting arms and Lester clearly doesn’t give a ****. Can’t wait for him to complain he doesn’t have his personal catcher

Lester just doesn’t care. Great insight on the best Cubs free agent signing ever.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
CyJack2299 has been permabanned.

He was a tool who constantly posted negative **** about the cubs.

Definitely was CyJack13s alt and he’s playing like it wasn’t him

This is a classic moment.

If you really want to get into alts I invite anyone to look at our posting history and realize how similar they are. Neither one of us has a single post on this thread from May until end of July. Either that’s a weird coincidence or everyone else is gonna realize they’re just getting trolled

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Can someone please temporarily threadban these two? Now one of them has resorted to kicking up years old threads.

I’ll volunteer to stop posting for a week or two as long as isucubs and all of his alts agrees to do the same, if not I’m going through all his old posts. I want to see all the great takes he’s had on here.

• Useful
Reactions: VeloClone