Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Dude I was just goofing around. I stopped and to reread as I read it as spelled and was flummoxed. About half a second later I realized contextually. It was just a funny moment for me. :)

oh ya, i aint mad. I'm just avoiding doing any actual work right now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
sigh....deep breathe...........Yes, Purdy is good and I am very excited for his future! It looks very bright. However, the term Sophomore Slump exists for a reason. It happens. All I'm saying is, if he somehow doesn't live up to the SuperHuman expectations all of us are asking of him, there will be several people on here screaming for Re-AL. I think any rational fan could agree with that. I can't believe I'm having to make these points to an actual human adult.
I am a huge Purdy fan. I can also admit I would love to see Re-Al. I am not hoping for that but it would be awesome to see his talent based on what folks have said about his athletic abilities. I know they had some things drawn up for him specifically towards end of season. The situation never really allowed for it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
sigh....deep breathe...........Yes, Purdy is good and I am very excited for his future! It looks very bright. However, the term Sophomore Slump exists for a reason. It happens. All I'm saying is, if he somehow doesn't live up to the SuperHuman expectations all of us are asking of him, there will be several people on here screaming for Re-AL. I think any rational fan could agree with that. I can't believe I'm having to make these points to an actual human adult.
Tim Tebow also won a heisman as a sophomore. So did Sam Bradford and Lamar Jackson. There are plenty of players that didn't take a step back their sophomore year. It's a stigma and usually happens when the players put too much pressure on themselves. I don't think that's the type of person or player Purdy is.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
All of us aren't putting superhuman expectations on him just the usuals who never learn. In an earlier post, you claimed everybody would be screaming for Re-al at the first sign of trouble for Purdy so props for scaling that down to a more realistic several. We have a lot of stupid fans but there are plenty of us who actually understand sports enough to not get ridiculously high and low. Sophomore Slump is definitely a thing but it's not a guarantee by any means and possible Brock avoids it. To your last point, you really want to use adult in a condescending way when you just admitted to screaming at somebody like a lunatic in a grocery store?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
All of us aren't putting superhuman expectations on him just the usuals who never learn. In an earlier post, you claimed everybody would be screaming for Re-al at the first sign of trouble for Purdy so props for scaling that down to a more realistic several. We have a lot of stupid fans but there are plenty of us who actually understand sports enough to not get ridiculously high and low. Sophomore Slump is definitely a thing but it's not a guarantee by any means and possible Brock avoids it. To your last point, you really want to use adult in a condescending way when you just admitted to screaming at somebody like a lunatic in a grocery store?

In my defense, it was outside the grocery store AND SHE STARTED IT!!!!

Reactions: HitItHard58

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
Look, I hate the University of Iowa. As a young lad I was told "you can go anywhere you want to in the entire Country, except Iowa and Kansas" I had to be excused from a dinner party because some Tavern Hawk couldn't handle my constant Kirkwood Community College comments. My wife's family just stopped asking me about sports because they are all Iowa fans that have never been to Iowa City. I got in a screaming match at a Hy-Vee with a 60 year old Marlboro Red smoker in IC before the game last year and yelled something insane about her credit score that was poorly received and embarrassing for my entire family, and I still haven't apologized and stand by my statement (she was a trash person).

BUT, lets not act like loving the backup QB is a strictly University of Iowa thing. Everyone loves the backup QB. I once tried to convince myself Tyler Palko was better than Brodie Croyle. Purdy had a good season! But he had, what, like 6 or 7 games? If he has a bit of a sophomore slump everyone on here would be screaming for Re-AL. Its just a fact of fandom. The backup QB is always the most popular player on any football team.

Except in The Program. Their backup QB was trash.

You got the hawk fan stamp of approval, hope you're happy.

• Funny
Reactions: NorthCyd

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa

Well, talking credit score smack is something probably only an adult would do, a stupid immature adult, but an adult nonetheless.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Save your deep breathing and eye rolls. Yes, ISU fans would talk about the backup qb if Purdy or any other qb struggled for multiple games in a row. Which makes them the same as any other fanbase. So why give Iowa fans a hard time for this?

1. They have a rich tradition of booing their QBs on the field
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ege-players-is-for-the-birds?template=amphtml

2. They are our rivals. It's fun to give them **** and never let them forget this.

So, remind me again why you are so concerned about making a glass house argument to defend their honor here?

• Winner
Reactions: flycy

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Wonder what the meltdown would be this year if Iowa was able to sneak out of Ames with another win?

As others have said, it would be tame compared to losing to, say, Baylor because the fan base has conference title aspirations this year. Taking an "L" to Iowa would be obnoxious as ****, does nothing in the bigger picture.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Save your deep breathing and eye rolls. Yes, ISU fans would talk about the backup qb if Purdy or any other qb struggled for multiple games in a row. Which makes them the same as any other fanbase. So why give Iowa fans a hard time for this?

1. They have a rich tradition of booing their QBs on the field
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/2008/09/06/booing-college-players-is-for-the-birds?template=amphtml

2. They are our rivals. It's fun to give them **** and never let them forget this.

So, remind me again why you are so concerned about making a glass house argument to defend their honor here?

Jesus man, up the dosage of Lexapro. All I said was, if Purdy has a bad game, people on here will also be asking for the backup QB. I hope it doesn't happen, but just assuming it won't based off of 10 games is rather insane. I forgot that having a rational thought on here gets you crucified. For Chirst sake ALABAMA was calling for their backup QB after Hurts went what, 14-2? It happens.

• Dislike
Reactions: flycy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
They have an argument.

They have factual evidence on their side. Hell the only difference between you and them, as far as unwarranted arrogance, and questionable genetic make up, is like 6 national championships

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Jesus man, up the dosage of Lexapro. All I said was, if Purdy has a bad game, people on here will also be asking for the backup QB. I hope it doesn't happen, but just assuming it won't based off of 10 games is rather insane. I forgot that having a rational thought on here gets you crucified. For Chirst sake ALABAMA was calling for their backup QB after Hurts went what, 14-2? It happens.
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron