MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What did they say an inning that you have 3 strikeouts on 9 pitches is called?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
While he didn't get the win tonight that game is worth flying the double Yu flag for

Attachments

• DVxp8EkVMAAQHwb.jpeg
    DVxp8EkVMAAQHwb.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 10

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Is that good?
Yes, of course it's good.
Unless we CyJack the idea and call it a condemnation of the Cubs' farm system that they had to trade for that production (like so many contenders the last few decades).

But yeah, it's good.

I’ve never once said I thought they shouldn’t have made the trade. I’ve never once said I had a problem with what they gave up, the asking price for Castellanos was not that high. I had a problem that the Cubs turned a 2017 first round pick who was a potential fast track MLB guy into basically a throw in piece in less than two years. But continue on with your false narrative.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Mediocre teams give up 5 runs in the 6th inning and they lose the game.

Top 5 teams who don’t give a **** where they sit in the farm system rankings because they’re looking at the World Series win that game.

Do top 5 teams go 44-44 over a three month stretch? Asking for a friend.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
They are back in first place; just enjoy it.

Do you, and the rest of the cubs fans here realty believe this team in the current landscape can win 4 out of 7 against either of the other division leaders in the national league? Let alone the Yankees, astros, or even the twins?

I mean I wanna believe they can, but there is no way I can envision a scenario where this team is competing for anything more than first in the mlb version of the big 10 west.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Do you, and the rest of the cubs fans here realty believe this team in the current landscape can win 4 out of 7 against either of the other division leaders in the national league? Let alone the Yankees, astros, or even the twins?

I mean I wanna believe they can, but there is no way I can envision a scenario where this team is competing for anything more than first in the mlb version of the big 10 west.

I disagree with the comparison to the Big 10 West, as you take out the Dodgers and the NL West is probably the worst division in baseball, if it weren’t for the AL Central.

The Tigers beat the Astros and Verlander yesterday. The Tigers!

Do I think we’re more talented than the Dodgers? No. Do I think we can win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7? Yes. This game is weird.

I also think we’re more talented than the Braves all around, though we have a losing record against them this year.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I disagree with the comparison to the Big 10 West, as you take out the Dodgers and the NL West is probably the worst division in baseball, if it weren’t for the AL Central.

The Tigers beat the Astros and Verlander yesterday. The Tigers!

Do I think we’re more talented than the Dodgers? No. Do I think we can win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7? Yes. This game is weird.

I also think we’re more talented than the Braves all around, though we have a losing record against them this year.

So you’re basing everything on the idea that the tigers can win a regular season game, and that the cubs can beat a team they have a losing record against, because you think they’re more talented?

Keep hope alive, I guess. This worked for over a century.

Is there a more stark realization of how truly mediocre the rickets family is as owners, when you realize the window for championships has almost fully closed already, less than 3 years later.

• Dislike
Reactions: GT25Ump

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So you’re basing everything on the idea that the tigers can win a regular season game, and that the cubs can beat a team they have a losing record against, because you think they’re more talented?

Keep hope alive, I guess. This worked for over a century.

Is there a more stark realization of how truly mediocre the rickets family is as owners, when you realize the window for championships has almost fully closed already, less than 3 years later.

Keep hope alive with a team that did actually win the Series? Sure, I've got no problem with that at all.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
So can they just go ahead and release Morrow now so they have a spot to add someone to the 40 man roster for a possible Sept 1 call up? They obviously will not pick up his option for next season and will pay the 3 mil buyout so why delay it any longer.

Already on the 60 Day IL and doesn't count against the 40. No need to do anything right now, plus allows him to continue to work with the medical staff that he's with.

• Informative
Reactions: CYdTracked

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Does your team have to be the favorite to win it all to enjoy a division leading season? Just fricken enjoy it. A lot of teams that have struggled during the season have gotten hot at the right time and gone much further than anyone expected. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Cubs have the fourth worst road record in the NL which is definitely a problem. But they also have the second best home record in the NL. That says to me that it is a mental problem not a talent problem. If a team gets on a roll they can often overcome mental blocks like that so I am going to just enjoy the ride.

They also have a .500 record against teams currently >.500. There are five other teams that have a winning or .500 record against teams with a winning record. They aren't in the drivers seat but this isn't insurmountable.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Keep hope alive with a team that did actually win the Series? Sure, I've got no problem with that at all.

Of course. But with the way that roster was constructed, the window should have been open a lot wider.

It will truly be an upset if the cubs get past the division round 3 years later.