Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
Not going to argue with yah, I was there with my wife and 10 of our hawk friends. I have a lot of respect for that kid as most adults would of crumbled. It wasnt a good look which is consistent with that group.

Are you sure you arent thinking about the 2001 game in Kinnick against Michigan when Banks was the backup QB?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There are a lot of different numbers. It's not like he's going to beat Purdy in every single statistical category. Which stats do you want to know specifically?

Obviously Purdy is going to be the better runner so for Stanley to be better overall he's going to have to have better passing numbers like passing efficiency, QBR, PFF grades, etc

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do any of those stats adjust for quality of defenses faced? If so, I'll take Stanley in that number.
Listen, I know you don't want to hear this, but there is not one national media member that agrees with what you're saying. All of the non-biased sports writers and analysts are buying into Purdy's stock, and don't really want to touch Stanley's. You're blinded by hatred towards Iowa State, and the inability to let yourself criticize your own team.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Listen, I know you don't want to hear this, but there is not one national media member that agrees with what you're saying. All of the non-biased sports writers and analysts are buying into Purdy's stock, and don't really want to touch Stanley's.

Fair points. I did say I was going out on a limb... I don't know if Purdy can continue to take the beatings that he did last year. I guess we'll see... He does have talent though

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fair points. I did say I was going out on a limb... I don't know if Purdy can continue to take the beatings that he did last year. I guess we'll see... He does have talent though
He'll have to be smarter in some ways to make sure he doesn't take a cheap hit, but he's not going to change what makes him special.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I wish we would stop making threads about Iowa having mid major talent in bb or how bad Stanley is, it is just bulletin board material for them. Then they beat our @ss in both sports. We should shut up until we can actually freakin beat them, especially in football. FOUR YEARS FOLKS!!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I wish we would stop making threads about Iowa having mid major talent in bb or how bad Stanley is, it is just bulletin board material for them. Then they beat our @ss in both sports. We should shut up until we can actually freakin beat them, especially in football. FOUR YEARS FOLKS!!

You saying the Iowa games are the only ones that matter? I don’t have that belief.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Listen, I know you don't want to hear this, but there is not one national media member that agrees with what you're saying. All of the non-biased sports writers and analysts are buying into Purdy's stock, and don't really want to touch Stanley's. You're blinded by hatred towards Iowa State, and the inability to let yourself criticize your own team.

When he was dugout or dognuts, can’t remember which, he stated he liked Iowa State. But he traveled to Iowa games because he was so successful.

When he got to rhoho, he stated that he was involved with some big donors, so he was really important then.

He’s a liar.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

The Super Bowl is that huge. It has to be worth double digits. Iowa sucks, but yet they are 13-3 in the last four years against ISU in fb, MBB, WBB and Wrestling. Yet ISU has much better coaches and players in all sports. Maybe the bear is letting the cub win?

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins