Not exactly sure.
You of all people should know.
title_thor.jpg

It was even before my time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I could listen to Helen of Goblin Works Garage on MotorTrend Channel and her British accent all night long. Think I have an accent based celebrity crush on her. :rolleyes:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Hmmm, did a quick check and it doesn't seem that the conference BB schedule is out yet. If either the men or women are at TCU I would suggest going, nice gym and friendly people, at least that was my experience. Baylor is only another short hour south I know we give them crap about rape, but their fans are nice from my trip down there.
TCU is only about 4 miles from the convention center. Great idea, I'll have to check.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Speaking of old age, our matriarch, Marian Beisser, will turn 97 in about 3 weeks. She still lives by herself (although she doesn't drive, her vision is extremely poor), comes to work 4 days a week, goes over all the invoices (and finds all the mistakes), and calls on past due accounts.

She eats like a horse - her two favorites are beef and chocolate - and watches all kinds of sports. An amazing woman, and greatly to be admired.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Man, first day oldest is gone and I stayed up waiting for him to come upstairs/home for our midnight to 1 am conversations on autopilot. This is going to take some getting adjusted to.
Yep. The world's a little different today. We arranged for 8:30 Sunday Night Facetime calls. I imagine that I'll be pretty anxious for those for a couple of weeks.

In other news, the youngest daughter has her first tennis meet today and the son is starting a new job. He's a Pizza Genius at Little Caesars.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yep. The world's little different today. We arranged for 8:30 Sunday Night Facetime calls. I imagine that I'll be pretty anxious for those for a couple of weeks.

In other news, the youngest daughter has her first tennis meet today and the son is starting a new job. He's a Pizza Genius at Little Caesars.

Tuesday will be like that with Z off at Kindergarten.
I mean, it'll be cool in some ways to own my day, pick meal time, shower when I want, stuff like that, but it's not quite the same without the tiny person running around, unscared.

And on the other side, she'll likely be scared to death most of Tuesday, so 2:05 can't come quickly enough.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Took LittleWx to see his room, teachers and drop off school supplies last night. After we asked him what he thought and he said "I am excited but nervous about all the new things". Kid always amazes us with how he is able to express himself and carry a conversation on. Teachers come by to do the home visit tomorrow.

MrsWx is officially in the technical part of the nursing program so we had this meeting thing last night. Some good info but the free food was the best part. @Entropy finding Iowa hall was a *****. Work on that. (I say that as someone who is related to a college trustee)

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
MrsWx is officially in the technical part of the nursing program so we had this meeting thing last night. Some good info but the free food was the best part. @Entropy finding Iowa hall was a *****. Work on that. (I say that as someone who is related to a college trustee)
This is why I work in Linn Hall. It's easy.

Reactions: wxman1

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Tuesday will be like that with Z off at Kindergarten.
I mean, it'll be cool in some ways to own my day, pick meal time, shower when I want, stuff like that, but it's not quite the same without the tiny person running around, unscared.

And on the other side, she'll likely be scared to death most of Tuesday, so 2:05 can't come quickly enough.
Kindergarten is pretty tough too. You see them walk into the classroom and you realize they're a little older and a little more independent.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If anybody's wondering if I'm worried about my daughter partying too much during school I will note this. She brought knitting needles and yarn with her to college.

Also, as we were leaving the neighborhood, a bunch of neighborhood moms came out to say goodbye and offer encouragement and wisdom. One neighborhood dad came out. His words, "Don't take any sh*t from those guys and don't let them give you any sh*t."

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Kindergarten is pretty tough too. You see them walk into the classroom and you realize they're a little older and a little more independent.
At daughter's old school they paired up each Kindergartner with an 8th grader (K-8) school. So for the entire year they have an older buddy that looks out for them and has lunch with them at least once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron