Want some Purdy Koolaid? Listen to this.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'll probably contract diabetes from all the Iowa State Koolaid I'm consuming, and I don't mind

CPMm88kUsAACgr9.jpg

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That's what will happen when all you have to do is just chuck it up to Butler and let him bail you out. (sarcasm)

To be fair, he did get bailed out a few times. But there were also plenty of throws downfield where he put it right on the money. He likes the deep ball, and if he has time to throw it, it usually works.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
To be fair, he did get bailed out a few times times. But there were also plenty of throws downfield where he put it right on the money. He likes the deep ball, and if he has time to throw it, it usually works.

So do most quarterbacks. Purdy threw some absolute dimes last year and people are trying to define him as just throwing jump balls.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
To be fair, he did get bailed out a few times times. But there were also plenty of throws downfield where he put it right on the money. He likes the deep ball, and if he has time to throw it, it usually works.

Agree, I am hesitant to read too far into that stat as I feel Butler's big play ability really skews that average upwards and Purdy is the benefactor. I would anticipate that average coming back down to earth this year if I was putting money on it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The pass to Jones in the back of the endzone against Baylor (?) comes to mind. In his 5th game as a TRUE FRESHMAN.
That pass does NOT get talked about enough. My old man and I were sitting in the southwest corner 20 rows up. We both looked at each other and said "How in the f*ck did he thread that thing in there?" That ball had to be absolutely perfect or it was gonna get picked. Given the horrible conditions that day, that only makes it more impressive.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron