Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Hawk fans are delusional if they think Xavier will be a Hawkeye. He's been in Ames a lot of the summer with his GF and her family. Been told that the only way she would leave ISU would be to follow him if Duke or NC came calling. Fingers crossed they don't break up before he commits to the Clones.

Too bad he didn't do his recruiting visit the weekend of the Iowa game on the 14th.

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I guess Kansas State's elite 8 run last year was a disgrace.

It’s really pathetic their jealousy of actual success makes them so insecure, and intellectually dishonest, they create all of these fables to be able to live with themselves

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I guess Kansas State's elite 8 run last year was a disgrace.
It's such a dumb statement.. Two years prior to that, we beat North Carolina in the 2nd round... Was that a disgrace? It's not our fault we didn't get the opportunity to play Purdue in 2015. They lost to Arkansas-LR and we beat them. That's how the NCAA tournament goes. You play the team that's in front of you and you fight like hell to move on.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It’s really pathetic their jealousy of actual success makes them so insecure, and intellectually dishonest, they create all of these fables to be able to live with themselves

Agreed. I also think KSU got lucky as hell with their draw but they earned it nonetheless. All bets are off once you get to the tourney (look at Virginia in 2018).

• Agree

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's such a dumb statement.. Two years prior to that, we beat North Carolina in the 2nd round... Was that a disgrace? It's not our fault we didn't get the opportunity to play Purdue in 2015. They lost to Arkansas-LR and we beat them. That's how the NCAA tournament goes. You play the team that's in front of you and you fight like hell to move on.

We really should have just forfeited. I mean if there was no moral victory to be had, why play the game?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hawk fans are delusional if they think Xavier will be a Hawkeye. He's been in Ames a lot of the summer with his GF and her family. Been told that the only way she would leave ISU would be to follow him if Duke or NC came calling. Fingers crossed they don't break up before he commits to the Clones.

Too bad he didn't do his recruiting visit the weekend of the Iowa game on the 14th.

I walked by him last winter after we dismantled Kansas. If that doesn't make him want to be a Clone then its just not in the cards.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
But the "beat two double digit seed" thing is presented as such logical certainty and it's so, so stupid.

• Agree

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We really should have just forfeited. I mean if there was no moral victory to be had, why play the game?
I mean we shouldn't even want to go into the NCAA tournament as a low seed because then you're only playing higher seed teams that you should beat. Why did Virginia even want to play this year if they were suppose to win it all?

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I'm guessing he'll unofficially visit the September 14th game

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm guessing he'll unofficially visit the September 14th game
I'd bet he'll be at that game. I'd also venture to guess that he'll be sitting with Conditt. I'm not sure if his girlfriend cheers for the football team too, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did. I do know one thing, he'll be cheering for Iowa State that day if he's with the team and with Conditt.

Reactions: NWICY

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019

I will assume he will still be in Ames for the Iowa/ISU football game. His official to VA Tech wraps up the Friday of that game week.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I will assume he will still be in Ames for the Iowa/ISU football game. His official to VA Tech wraps up the Friday of that game week.
He'll probably be in cardinal in gold or some sort of red that day as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have no idea where he is going for college but if its not ISU, the meltdown on this board may be one for the ages.
I actually don't think it will be as bad as you think. We would love Xavier and hope that he comes here, but he's not going to make or break how we do in the future.