On That Note - If You Want Me, Just Whistle

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I bet few of you knew this existed. Stumbled upon this video awhile back. Relevant here.

• Informative
Reactions: MeanDean

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
Long time listener, first time call here. I won't comment on any specific songs because you all do a great job at that (keep it up). I'm only going to say that I always tell my wife (or anyone within earshot of listening) that if a song has whistling in it, that automatically makes the song at least 10% better. So a crappy song can become tolerable, or a happy song can become giddy, or a sad song can become melancholy, etc... just by the addition of a bit of whistling.

If I were to try and write a song, it would be mandatory to have some whistling in it.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Only people whistles allowed? No matter. I love going through these threads because almost always there will be replies that make me remember something good or cool or neat. Am I showing my age yet? ;)

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Only people whistles allowed? ...

Topics is based on human whistles, but a few of us strayed outside the range already (I've already done it thrice). So it's a little open-ended. Here's one that's straight instrumental-whistle, which probably qualifies, even if it's outside the spirit of the theme. (Plus, I want to post it anyway and this is a decent excuse :))

Reactions: Cydar and MeanDean