Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Think he grew up a Wisconsin fan so cant say I’m surprised. I guess it’s a good thing Iowa just picked up a commitment from a DE with offers from Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame.
They were not offers that he could commit to.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
If there was one spot we could afford a decommit it was at DL. Sucks to lose Witt but we have some good DE talent in the class even without him.

Growing up in far Eastern MN, it sounds like the Badgers were his dream school. Hard to fight that off when you combine that with the type of success they have had the past several seasons.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If there was one spot we could afford a decommit it was at DL. Sucks to lose Witt but we have some good DE talent in the class even without him.

Growing up in far Eastern MN, it sounds like the Badgers were his dream school. Hard to fight that off when you combine that with the type of success they have had the past several seasons.

Can't blame a guy for choosing his dream school when the offer came in. We flip guys committed to other programs all the time. Hate losing anyone, but we have 4 better DEs in this class alone, I don't see us feeling this one too much.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Can't blame a guy for choosing his dream school when the offer came in. We flip guys committed to other programs all the time. Hate losing anyone, but we have 4 better DEs in this class alone, I don't see us feeling this one too much.
I would jump off that burning dumpster fire if I was Witt too. Good for him. Go to a real school, not the same boring, stale program going down in flames.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa wasn’t actively recruiting McDonald when he committed to Iowa State, and I doubt they had a spot open for Wilson either- they already had 5 DE commits at that point and were still waiting on the #1 DE on their board, Deontae Craig (who committed to Iowa a couple days ago).

Of course they didn't :)

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
4 is that true?

Based on 247 composite and where 247 has them listed for position, yes. However, chances are Jones plays DT in college and at least one other DE will slide inside too.

Logan Jones- 263

Deontae Craig- 584

Michael Lois- 609

Yahya Black- 681

Aaron Witt- 687

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Based on 247 composite and where 247 has them listed for position, yes. However, chances are Jones plays DT in college and at least one other DE will slide inside too.

Logan Jones- 263

Deontae Craig- 584

Michael Lois- 609

Yahya Black- 681

Aaron Witt- 687

Is Lois going to play football again?