Pre-Season AP Poll

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not a great look but not surprised either...I'm going to assume TCU and OSU are there throughout the season though as I can't expect them to repeat down seasons.

Also you missed WV--I don't expect them to be there.

I was also thinking that Baylor would get some votes over WV. Mr. Hairdo got out of WV with the cupboard bare.

Still think that the ghostly looking figure aura at KSU will somehow have the Cats getting votes my year end. Just because he is not at the helm does not mean he doesn't have any say in things. We got him him last and took his ninth live but he will somehow weave his magic from behind the coaching grave.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was also thinking that Baylor would get some votes over WV. Mr. Hairdo got out of WV with the cupboard bare.

Still think that the ghostly looking figure aura at KSU will somehow have the Cats getting votes my year end. Just because he is not at the helm does not mean he doesn't have any say in things. We got him him last and took his ninth live but he will somehow weave his magic from behind the coaching grave.

#1 reason K-State is in for a long season...

maxresdefault.jpg

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
If we'd go undefeated, win the Big 12 title, and beat OU or TX two times, we'd be in the CFP unless there were 4 other undefeated teams.

I hate the "4 best teams" narrative. It just gives the committee justification for an SEC or B1G bias. Iowa State would never get in under those circumstances. 13-0 But still not impressive enough.
(Doubtful but possible.)

Baylor and TCU went 11-1 and these were things that were said

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I've been coming to Cyclone games for nearly 40 years, I just want any part of this preseason hype to be real. Go out and handle our business.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I hate the "4 best teams" narrative. It just gives the committee justification for an SEC or B1G bias. Iowa State would never get in under those circumstances. 13-0 But still not impressive enough.
(Doubtful but possible.)

A 13-0 Big 12 team is getting in 10 times out of 10. Add on loss to the equation and that's when the committee is able to massage the numbers to make it work for the SEC or tOSU.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cycho'18

Jul 23, 2019
Back to back 4-8 seasons is garbage but i dont think people even care to look why everyone high on Nebby. Their QB is probably one of the top dual threats in the country. Yes hes legit, he was a nightmare as a true freshman especially the last 6 games. The offense that they had on the field at the end of the season was kicking ass and they were all true freshman and sophomores. They hit the transfer market and have completely changed their defense. Two 340 pounders One was a Starting DT at Oklahoma State and another would have slid into a rotation at either Bama or South Carolina if a technicality hadnt stopped him from enrolling. a 330 pounder and 2 320 pounders. They didnt have a fraction of that size last year and it showed.
That in my opinion is the key to their season. Frost will put a UCF/ Oregon offense on the field, can their defense get turnovers and actually stop someone? i have no confidence in them until the have a good season for the first time in years. But i know what that offense will look like and it will be harder than hell for anyone to stop.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Back to back 4-8 seasons is garbage but i dont think people even care to look why everyone high on Nebby. Their QB is probably one of the top dual threats in the country. Yes hes legit, he was a nightmare as a true freshman especially the last 6 games. The offense that they had on the field at the end of the season was kicking ass and they were all true freshman and sophomores. They hit the transfer market and have completely changed their defense. Two 340 pounders One was a Starting DT at Oklahoma State and another would have slid into a rotation at either Bama or South Carolina if a technicality hadnt stopped him from enrolling. a 330 pounder and 2 320 pounders. They didnt have a fraction of that size last year and it showed.
That in my opinion is the key to their season. Frost will put a UCF/ Oregon offense on the field, can their defense get turnovers and actually stop someone? i have no confidence in them until the have a good season for the first time in years. But i know what that offense will look like and it will be harder than hell for anyone to stop.

Plus their schedule is soft AF. They get all of their tough games at home except for Purdue. If Nebraska has the offensive output everyone is expecting, it won't take much defensively to give them enough wiggle room to win a bunch of games.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I think Nebraska deserves a fringe top 25 ranking but the only reason they are actually getting it is the name. If you laid out that same explanation but changed the name to Iowa State it wouldn’t surprise me if there were no votes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
(Doubtful but possible.)

Urban Meyer is a heck of a politician and 2014 was proof.

Credit due as Ohio State was very impressive in the O.G. CFP but TCU was deserving. Oddly the first year of resolving the issues with the BCS we had a basis for expanding the playoff.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Urban Meyer is a heck of a politician and 2014 was proof.

Credit due as Ohio State was very impressive in the O.G. CFP but TCU was deserving. Oddly the first year of resolving the issues with the BCS we had a basis for expanding the playoff.
Credit for performing but there are teams every year that could put together two big games at the end of the season, its just that they don't get the chance - just like OSU should have never gotten the chance that year. The talking head schtick that "they got it right" for months after the season because OSU won missed the point altogether. Who is to say that TCU or Baylor couldn't have been just as impressive if they got the chance? The difference is that at least one of them actually earned the chance - OSU didn't.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron