NFL: Hard to argue Kaepernick isn't blacklisted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm in no way defending Kareem Hunt, but he didn't beat his wife.

I think you got the picture.

Should I change my post to say no professional atheletes have ever beaten their wives? Of course not. The point stands. Our culture is totally fine giving millions, watching on tv and attending games to watch athletes who beat their wives and kids but we freak out over a lie that a guy kneeling is doing it to disrespect fallen soldiers. It's rotten and it's us.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and IASTATE07

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
If he could truly win games for an NFL team he would probably be playing. The protest thing sure doesn't help, but if you look at the last year he played, it is pretty clear that teams had figured out his unique skill set and found a way to stop it.

Also, the number of playoff games that your team is in is a poor measurement of an individual player. There have been a lot of great QBs on bad teams.

The guy is making million playing the victim, I think he will be okay.
Minus the whole political fiasco. Colin was a good QB.

This video is a bit old but it dismisses points about him being bad.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I think you got the picture.

Should I change my post to say no professional atheletes have ever beaten their wives? Of course not. The point stands. Our culture is totally fine giving millions, watching on tv and attending games to watch athletes who beat their wives and kids but we freak out over a lie that a guy kneeling is doing it to disrespect fallen soldiers. It's rotten and it's us.

"us"? Speak for yourself, homey.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Yeah. Us collectively. I'm part of this country even when we do things I don't agree with like lie that a guy protesting young black men being killed is protesting against fallen soldiers.

It's my culture and I want to see it improve.

Yeah, morons are always going to be out there. I'm not going to lump myself in with them. You can, that's fine.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah. Us collectively. I'm part of this country even when we do things I don't agree with like lie that a guy protesting young black men being killed is protesting against fallen soldiers.

It's my culture and I want to see it improve.
Nah **** them other guys

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah, morons are always going to be out there. I'm not going to lump myself in with them. You can, that's fine.

It's our collective culture that decides that beating wives and kids is acceptable but kneeling is unacceptable.

Nobody take that personally, but it is what it is. Probably weighted a bit more toward sports fans than non sports fans but since this is a sports fan website it's still collectively people like us.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I do not support what he did, but I do support his right to do it. What bothers me is all the people that thought he was disrespecting the troops and anyone that ever served in the arm forces. That includes Trump right down to the crazies that think Kap. is a traitor to the country. But in the end, he had to know that him being blacklisted was a possibility, and he has to live with that.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
It's our collective culture that decides that beating wives and kids is acceptable but kneeling is unacceptable.

Nobody take that personally, but it is what it is. Probably weighted a bit more toward sports fans than non sports fans but since this is a sports fan website it's still collectively people like us.

You can take responsibility for that. I had nothing to do with it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You can take responsibility for that. I had nothing to do with it.

Neither did I. The collective culture we're both part of is the reason it works this way. It's more on the public than anyone else when you ask why domestic abuse gets more chances than kneeling or why a harmless thing like kneeling is even compared to domestic abuse.

If people cared more about domestic violence than kneeling it wouldn't work this way.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Find something better to bristle at, ********
Nah it's a pretty bad take that I as an American am somehow responsible for the culture of people who are ok with police publicly executing black people with no consequences

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Feel how you want to about his protest but the outrage is another Don the Con production.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nah it's a pretty bad take that I as an American am somehow responsible for the culture of people who are ok with police publicly executing black people with no consequences

Collective culture exists. By saying "I as an an American"...yep you're part of it.

The question:
Why is domestic violence accepted in our athletes but kneeling is not?

The answer:
Our collective culture has determined that's what we want at this moment in our ongoing national wrestling match that determines who we are.

For some reason he doesn't understand people within that culture don't all agree. Obviously you and I don't agree with it. He claims he doesn't either. But we're all part of it. The push and pull is the thing itself.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Collective culture exists. By saying "I as an an American"...yep you're part of it.

The question:

The answer:
Our collective culture has determined that's what we want.

For some reason he doesn't understand people within that culture don't all agree. Obviously you and I don't agree with it. He claims he doesn't either. But we're all part of it. The push and pull is the thing itself.
Because Donald Trump is using it to push identity politics

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: michaelrr1 and HFCS

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

The question:

The answer:
Our collective culture has determined that's what we want at this moment in our ongoing national wrestling match that determines who we are.

I don't think a collective culture even exists in America

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So, if you're good you can do anything you want and still have a job despite controversy? Sounds like a really familiar tune...
I'm not saying I like it or agree with it, but that is pretty much the way the world works in general.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
His worst mistake was to opt out of his contract for the last year. I believe it was around 12 million. I would retire if I had 12 million before taxes.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cat Stevens
Status
Not open for further replies.