Former 5 star Hawk recruit

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
My impression is that he wants to completely disassociate himself with his crime. He still wants to associate himself with being a football player and doesn't want to talk about or hold himself accountable for what he did.

That doesnt sound like someone that's figured it out. It sounds like someone still dealing with mental illness to me.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
My impression is that he wants to completely disassociate himself with his crime. He still wants to associate himself with being a football player and doesn't want to talk about or hold himself accountable for what he did.

That doesnt sound like someone that's figured it out. It sounds like someone still dealing with mental illness to me.
Or, it could sound like “putting the bad stuff behind you”. One of the two. In my personal experience, no reason to dwell on the bad stuff. Leave it in the past.

Come to think of it, before Avengers Endgame came out, some schmuck media personality tried to bring up Downey Jr’s past in an interview about the movie. RDJ got up and walked out.

Does that sound to you like RDJ is still dealing with mental illness and substance abuse?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The problem with the whole "biggest comeback of all time" aspect of his story is the victims getting forgotten. If he's paid his dues, done his time, so be it. Go be productive and don't **** up again. But his victims are going to live with his actions every day for the rest of their lives. I have zero interest in glorifying his turnaround or comeback story.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Or, it could sound like “putting the bad stuff behind you”. One of the two. In my personal experience, no reason to dwell on the bad stuff. Leave it in the past.

Come to think of it, before Avengers Endgame came out, some schmuck media personality tried to bring up Downey Jr’s past in an interview about the movie. RDJ got up and walked out.

Does that sound to you like RDJ is still dealing with mental illness and substance abuse?

Talking about it isn’t dwelling on it. It’s recognizing the facts of what you did, and admitting them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The problem with the whole "biggest comeback of all time" aspect of his story is the victims getting forgotten. If he's paid his dues, done his time, so be it. Go be productive and don't **** up again. But his victims are going to live with his actions every day for the rest of their lives. I have zero interest in glorifying his turnaround or comeback story.
And if he's up for parole theres a good chance they could give statements against it (maybe even in front of him?).
He should probably start to address some of it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
“I always liked the uniforms. It reminded me of the (Pittsburgh) Steelers,” Williams says.

Lol

Brilliant marketing by the hawks. And the way they leave and enter the filed... **** the hawks but they did so many things right to market the brand on a national level.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Never been a big fan of glorifying people going from bad to "good". I'm more of a fan of the profiles in courage where kids who by all accounts should be bad never took that easy route...

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Truly an ironic post from a guy that roots for a school where the coaches gave glowing character references to guys they kicked off the team for raping a girl, while they were destroying evidence and ignoring the girl.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Not sure I would ever truly trust a guy like that. Of course he gave up drinking and drugs...he's in prison! Once he gets out?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Help Support Us

Become a patron